Jambands.ca

a happy story :)

phorbesie

and he can probably calculate the distance between here and the next galaxy in the blink of an eye

I've actually felt briefly jealous at times that I didn't get autism... (long story) in the right conditions autistic people seem strangely happy and deeply insightful

there's a great show, on PBS I think, about a kid with autism who's parents introduced him to the coach of a big university football team (the kid's favorite team)... the kid knew every statistic of the teams 80 year history and the coach took a liking to him... got him hired as the team's equipment manager, which allowed him to attend classes at the university, which he ended up doing way beyond expectations

fell asleep and missed the end, but another good autism story (think the team ended up winning several seasons or something, somehow thanks in part to their most seriously dedicated fan being a part of the picture... he inspired the team greatly)

Edited by Guest

and he can probably calculate the distance between here and the next galaxy in the blink of an eye

I've actually felt briefly jealous at times that I didn't get autism... (long story) in the right conditions autistic people seem strangely happy and deeply insightful

there's a great show, on PBS I think, about a kid with autism who's parents introduced him to the coach of a big university football team (the kid's favorite team)... the kid knew every statistic of the teams 80 year history and the coach took a liking to him... got him hired as the team's equipment manager, which allowed him to attend classes at the university, which he ended up doing way beyond expectations

fell asleep and missed the end, but another good autism story (think the team ended up winning several seasons or something, somehow thanks in part to their most seriously dedicated fan being a part of the picture... he inspired the team greatly)

Rudy!!