Jambands.ca

Phish - Headphones Jam

carstairs

Just released at livephish.com:

"The Headphones Jam (also referred to as "Monitor Jam") was recorded near the beginning of the Undermind sessions after Producer Tchad Blake arrived in Vermont and before the band began tracking most of the songs. It was mixed on the fly in The Barn and named because it was recorded while the monitors (in this case headphones) settings were dialed in for the session. Two tracks from the Headphones Jam were used for the Undermind album: "Maggie's Revenge" and "Tiny" (an Undermind iTunes bonus track). A third segment of the jam was played on a 2004 From the Archives radio show on The Bunny. The rest of the complete jam had never been heard outside the band until the Barn Tour Contest in 2006."

Anyone given this a listen yet? I'm about 30 minutes into it and am loving it.

i'll explain...stuff that wasn't good enough for undermind is now being peddled to cover lawyer fees ;)

While your reason for the release is probably accurate, this recording sounds very little like Undermind (except for obviously Maggie's Revenge and maybe the extended jamming in A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing). If they had released this instead of Undermind, I, for one, wouldn't have been disappointed.

Not a bad little Saturday morning listen.

A little stumbling and slow in the beginning but hang in, the real genius lies between roughly about 29:00 to this tight little spot around 42:00

Jesus, if they had released 41:-47:00 as a single jam , as stated before made THIS Undermind, it would have changed everything. But the drug use. If fact, never mind. Maybe it was good thing.