Jambands.ca

Joey Wright - Jalopy

zero

Joey's cool, looking forward to hearing his new album. I heard Steve Dawson produced it, no?

He also plays with Jenny Whitely a lot. I know him from years ago, being the roommate of a good friend of mine. He's come a long way since.

As with seemingly everything around here there's on obscure Slip connection. Friedman said he's buddies (went to Berklee) with I thought he said Sarah Harmer's husband who he thought was also his guitar player. I was thinking of Joey who I believe is Jenny Whitely's husband, they live in like Elven, Ontario or something in the near North.

On the album topic I listened to it again and it is really really fine. It will appeal to people with a traditional bent although it covers some ground ranging from Crazy Strings to well shy of Bela Fleck. Steve Dawson did produce it and plays on most of the tracks, Zubot's on one as is multi-instrumentalist Dan Whitely.

There's one really great song Waltz for GG that's just sublimely beautiful but the best is likely... wait for it... Andre The Giant.

Also the last track is Andre Returns. The song titles really help link the thing together a bit as it's a fairly traditional instrumental album although it goes to some fun places.

I would think KevO and a lot of people here will want to pick it up.

I was thinking of Joey who I believe is Jenny Whitely's husband, they live in like Elven, Ontario or something in the near North.

Whoa, whoa, Luke! Where are ya sending these folks hehe ;) Joey and Jenny live in Elphin which is just a stone's throw from good ole Perth here. They can often be found around this area playing together in the Hootenanny where they are on occasion joined by Sarah Harmer.