Jambands.ca

Confirmed lineup Golden Dogs @ Mavericks Feb 10th

Mavericks

It looked like from the last band photo I saw they lost their second last original member (Beau Stockton sic?) making only Dave Azzolini and wife Jessica Grassi original members. They really were something else with the Everything In 3 Parts lineup. Although Bastards is a badass song and what lineup is that on?

can someone who knows what songs should sound like look into this for me?

i have a really good, clear-sounding MP3 version of Bastards from Kev's Cuts #22 which you can download here.

I also have a muddy flat lifeless m4a / AAC (iTunes unprotected) version of Bastards which is from Everything in 3 Parts. You can download that file here.

I'm wondering if someone can tell me if it's a bad rip of the album, or if it was meant to sound so shitty. And, if so, where the good version of the song came from.

Hope this isn't too much to ask, but I imagine BradM will have this answered by the time I get a glass of water.

AD

I believe there were two pressings of 3 Parts. Can't confirm, but I'd bet they replaced the bad version with the good version. The covers were the same, except one with white background, one with yellow. I used to have the old version, they were on a bill at the Horseshoe one year during NxNE, I think opening for Matt Mays and El Torpedo, maybe three years ago. The front guy was handing out copies of the disc all over the place from the stage.

i cant tell a difference between either of them.

i know this is a thread about the maverick's gig, but i cant f'n wait to see them here at call the office... and actually, i think guelph at the e-bar would be pretty spectacular, too... i remember seeing tielli there a while back... small...

i cant tell a difference between either of them.

well, thanks for listening.

if anyone else is wondering, i've listened to the two tracks on 3 different computers now and they're definitely different. the keys different, the pitches of all the instruments and singing is different, the clarity is different.....

oh well. i'll just get a new version off oink or something.

if anyone else is wondering, i've listened to the two tracks on 3 different computers now and they're definitely different. the keys different, the pitches of all the instruments and singing is different, the clarity is different.....

oh well. i'll just get a new version off oink or something.

didnt you already get a version from oink that matched it? im confused..

and i just downloaded a version from oink that sounds much much better. matches the kev's cuts version.

oh, and sorry, i shoulda clarified - i didnt listen to the mp3's you uploaded, i listened to album version and the kev's cuts version and couldnt tell a difference.

edit: jesus, i just listened to the version from everything in 3 parts that you uploaded - it doesnt sound anything like whats on the everything in 3 parts cd thats sitting in front of me - but i dont think its the rip, i think it's just a weak version of the song.. i wonder if more of the tunes on the 'everything in 3 parts' you have sound different?

Edited by Guest

yeah - a version from oink matched the kev's cuts version.

i am now wondering if the crappy version is a demo or something, if someone recognises it? or if it's a detuned, slow pace, chopped up lacklustre version.

but since oink can get me a crisp version of the album i'll grab it off there and forget about all this nonsense.

sorry to confuse you all.