SmoothedShredder

Hehe, got this from a Grammy Blog...

Tony Z:

What's funny is, I WORK IN THE F*@&!*( music business, and I'd never head the

Chicks record. Oh, I heard Gnarls Barkley alright. It was EVERYWHERE. Every

store I went into, every party I attended, ever lounge I had a drink at and

every restaraunt I dined. I didn't even like the song, but it grew on me as I

accepted it's thick, funky bassline and Cee-Lo's whiny sounding vocals. Wasn't

Cee-Lo the one hit wonder with the rap record, "I Wish I Was a Baller"?

I think that song captured the spirit of our youth. Wasn't it one of the most

downloaded songs this year? Our young people are what drives this business, and

we keep on just ignoring them, day after day, night after night. Oh, and we sue

them too; I forgot about that. Let's take their after school job money to prop

up the rest of the music business, which just doesn't get it.

Bob, I go to night school at NYU. Last Thursday, my New Information Technologies

professor, Casey Lum, focused on the word "paradigm," and challenged us to think

about the definition of that word. We learned about how Western Union thought no

one would need the telephone, when they had the telegraph already. We learned

how AT&T thought that sending bytes of data over those telephone lines probably

wouldn't work, but the guys at Bolt Beranak and Newman figured it out. In times

of upheaval, people have fear that their lives are going to change drastically.

Instead of adopting something new, they try to crush it with all their might,

but history has showed us differently.

When will we get it?

Oh, btw, no one's talking about Wyclef's political rap during the Shakira

performance. He gave a shout out to Barack Obama. Wyclef sees the same future I

do. The other day, I watched Obama on television tossing his hat in the ring.

Then I listened to Hillary Clinton. I want to like Hillary. I think she's a nice

woman. Gifted, hard working, understands the political system, and she tries

hard. But, Obama makes her sound so old, so contrived. Obama is the Gnarls

Barkley. Hillary Clinton is the Greatful Dead. That's what it sounds like to me.

If all the 18-year-old Gen Y kids could vote, Obama would be elected in a

second. But, we don't listen to our young people.

There is an interesting article on Obama in the Harper's from a couple of months ago. It pretty much says that he is just as much of a corporate whore as everyone else but his public image is just the opposite. True it was probably writen by a Clinton supporter, but it does show that he is no knight in shining armor. Just another politician who's main concern is campaign funding, like Kennedy.

Either way its good. If Hillary wins fine, the US would benefit from a woman president If Obama wins great too the US needs a non-white president.

They just need a non-white or non-male leader for once.

I suddenly have the urge to crank "Hear comes Sunshine".

See I don't really get this view point. What does it matter if the person is white/black/hispanic or male/female/transgendered if they are just going to keep on doing the same bullshit they've done for the last 100 years.

It would be more radical and a break through for Western Civilization if Dennis Kucinich won.

Either way its good. If Hillary wins fine, the US would benefit from a woman president If Obama wins great too the US needs a non-white president.

I dont think anyone would benefit from either of these 2 being the president but these 2. Obama might be a good candidate on paper but he doesnt stand a chance. Hilary will never be president because she has already said to much to the wrong people. Let's keep in mind it is the Electoral College who decides who gets the big seat and not the people. It was only 2 elections ago that they reminded the people of this.

A new president is only a drop in the bucket for the problems the US faces and isnt going to really change anything. It will take a whole new system of government and a whole new group of people to undo the damage the people in power in that country have been working on since before WW1.

Bob Marley said it best, there is only one way to clean up this mess...

TOTAL DESTRUCTIONS' THE ONLY SOLUTION

Did you watch the 60 Minutes clip? Obama had a good take on voters supporting a candidate solely because he or she is black.

Either way its good. If Hillary wins fine' date=' the US would benefit from a woman president If Obama wins great too the US needs a non-white president.

They just need a non-white or non-male leader for once.[/quote']

Did you watch the 60 Minutes clip? Obama had a good take on voters supporting a candidate solely because he or she is black.

hope Obama gets to be president i,d say he has a good chance as clinton she is sneaky but has a good man behind her for support love love William he is smart no doubt and his life is his no matter what

So your only measuring sticks are sex and race? So you'd vote for Ann Coulter? Colin Powell? Condi must be your ideal candidate!!

Strikes me as a bit too abstract a way of communicating important things. Terrorism, e.g., is a strategic orientation that uses violent means simply to get a message across; isn't there some alternative to that whole route?

And then there's the question, who's any of this being communicated to (this seems to be your main concern, Chameleon), and how closely are they paying attention, in terms that any of us would be able to recognise? What of their questions are we aware of, in any detail?

I say all this too not knowing much, really, about the guy's policies or anything, but just having taken in what I've heard about him coming from Big Money and being a corporate shill and all that, which might be all wrong all I know.

I think you'd probably agree, though, that among the first things the US needs to do is get its own house in order, before thinking about dealing with anybody else's.

I'll say it again. The US is in need of a non white or non-male president who can do the job. It would signal a radical change in the bias of the old guard and signal to the world a progressive change.

That is all.

you're voting for ann coulter

Strikes me as a bit too abstract a way of communicating important things. Terrorism, e.g., is a strategic orientation that uses violent means simply to get a message across; isn't there some alternative to that whole route?

And then there's the question, who's any of this being communicated to (this seems to be your main concern, Chameleon), and how closely are they paying attention, in terms that any of us would be able to recognise? What of their questions are we aware of, in any detail?

I say all this too not knowing much, really, about the guy's policies or anything, but just having taken in what I've heard about him coming from Big Money and being a corporate shill and all that, which might be all wrong all I know.

I think you'd probably agree, though, that among the first things the US needs to do is get its own house in order, before thinking about dealing with anybody else's.

Before I didn't mean to imply that he is extraordinarily dirty with corporate money, just that he takes money from whoever will give it.(Just like everyone else) I mean the guy is from Illinois so he supports the whole crazy ethanol well fare thing that goes on in the midwest. So does everyone else but I don't think that justifies it.

Some of his ideas are good and he would be a step in the right direction, but only a small step. IMO.

I'll say it again. The US is in need of a non white or non-male president who can do the job. It would signal a radical change in the bias of the old guard and signal to the world a progressive change.

That is all.

you're voting for ann coulter

You mean I can actually vote in a US election as a Canadian! Wow that's major news. Aslo I had no idea Ann Coulter was running? I assumd she was too busy drinking and puking to ever do such a thing. I hear it cuts into her drinking time.