Jambands.ca

Ben Folds/Tori Amos

Phunky Cauldron

So tomorrow night at the molson amphitheatre, Ben Folds is gonna play a 1 hour opener for Tori Amos (this I don't understand, but whatever). The point is that tickets start at $35. With ticketmaster charges it's $50.50. God this pisses me off. While I realize that it's just one more rant against ticketmaster, IT JUST PLAIN SUCKS!!!

Yeh Phunky, I was noticing they are no where near sold out so I'm just gonna go down to the box office Wednesday night or see if anyone's trying to get rid of their tickets cheap.

And to be fair, I love totally Ben Folds but Tori has a longer history and a LOT of hardcore fans so I can understand why she'd get top billing.

Peace,

Mr. M.

couple things, the concert's actually on wednesday, not tomorrow (LMP & i are going to this one too!), and if you are suffering ticket price blues, just a tip, check this house of blues link tomorrow:

http://www.hob.com/special_offers/24tu/listing.asp?region=TORO

they have 2 for 1 ticket specials on tuesdays, and i know the tori show was included in the specials on july 28th for section 403. tomorrow's special might have this show included too, worth a shot.

good luck, hope you can make it! i saw tori w/howie day back in november, totally blew my mind. that girl is unbelievable, recording does NOT do her voice or piano prowess justice. i went to that show thinking "ah, i like tori, she's cool" and left a bona fide, at her feet toriphile. speechless.

[smile]

quote:

This show would be any piano player's dream show. they can both tickle the ivories like nobody's business!

You stole the words right out of my mouth.

Damn, Tori sure has great opening acts. Last time I saw her she had Howie Day open. I've listened to his cd and meh, not too impressed... but live, now that's another story. The guy was fantastic. Just him, all by himself on the stage with an acoustic guitar and an assortment of pedals which he used to sample and loop chords and harmonies - making it sound like an entire band was playing up there with him.... impressive. If you can find the song "Bunnies - Live in NYC" you'll see what I mean.

Looking forward to tomorrow's show... should be great!

The special is a stupid scam anyways. My mom wanted to go to that Blue Rodeo show and tried to get the deal. They say you can get 2 for 1 at $35, which should mean you can get 2 tickets at that price range. But instead they give you 2 tickets in the $17.50 range... which is how much you'd be paying anyway. stoopid.

Ticketmaster impresses once again. pooheads.

Just got back from the show actually, it was quite good. Haven't got a full Tori list, but the encore was 5 songs, Rattlesnakes, Bliss, Hey Jupiter, two others that escape me right now... I'll post more tomorrow, but the whole show kicked ass, including Ben who unfortunately we missed half his set 'cus he started right at 7 and we were still in the lot buying tickets! [Frown]

Anyway, yeh, more later, bed now.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Heya Freeker, I'll do a mini review of my own later but in the meantime I grabbed the setlist off thedent.com:

Wampum Prayer

a sorta fairytale

Little Earthquakes

Sweet Sangria

God

Bells For Her

Father Lucifer

Take To The Sky

Wednesday

Band Leaves

Cooling

Carbon

Running To Stand Still

Band returns

Putting The Damage On

Cornflake Girl

Amber Waves

Siren

Professional Widow

I Can't See New York

Precious Things

1st Encore

Bliss

Rattlesnakes

2nd Encore

Tombigbee

Tear In Your Hand

Hey Jupiter

oh WOW... i had goosebumps from the moment i sat down until the house lights came on. that show was absolutely wonderful, ben folds was such a treat and tori blew everyone away as usual. amazing how she can prance onto the stage, graceful as can be, clad in a white flowy outfit, her amber hair beaming, looking so innocent and angel-like, and then flip the bird, say motha-effa, and still maintain a ladylike demeanor. her piano playing and beautiful voice is enough to make you barf with joy.

ben folds really got the crowd into it, he had the whole amphitheatre singing in a 3 part harmony at one point. so great! tori picks the most amazing opening acts, i've seen her twice now and both times i left feeling absolutely blessed i'd been made privy. sighhhhhhh... afterglow for sure.

Archived