Jambands.ca

The Sarah Silverman Program

AdamH

i love looking at her, and her live comedy is insanely funny, but the scripted show as well as Jesus Is Magic seem a little too 'Look At Me!!" for me. Seems very forced sometimes, and the singing bits infuriate me.

Probably funnier than 90% of other comedies on TV though, so that's good.

I had to warm up to it. Some of the dialog is strange and I'm not much for song in sitcom but it did grow on me.

Whoever compared it to Curb Your Enthusiasm must've been out of their mind when they dreamt that up. There's no comparison. Basically Larry is god.

Jesus is Magic was hilarious.

Admittedly the opening song was horrible, but the other songs were funny. "You're Gonna Die Soon" sung to seniors in a home. "Do You Ever Take Drugs So That You Can Have Sex Without Crying" was a thoughtful study of the adult entertainment industry.

And her stand up, "So, I was licking jelly off my boyfriends penis the other day and I thought, "God I'm turning into my mother."

Man, I loved this movie. Here's a clip Offensive as hell but funny.

• 1 month later...

watched a few episodes over the past week or so. this show is really funny. so difficult to describe accurately, i find. and one episode isnt enough. i need a couple of them at a time.

what is this sort of show called? it's not a sitcom, so what is it? or, is it just the new sitcom?

Edited by Guest