Jambands.ca

Fair trade / Ethical T-shirts

Large Marge

Hey Kids,

I need to have some T's made up for the Car Free Day campaign that I'm working on with the Sierra Club. Does anyone know of any local suppliers (Toronto area) of ethically sound T-shirts (i.e. no sweatshops, natural fibers). I'd love to go with hemp but unfortunately, we're running on a pretty tight budget. I'm also trying to find an inexpensive button manufacturer/supplier... any suggestions would help. Thanks!

nah I got 8 year olds in Malaysia to make mine. I made certain first that they were locked behind cages so they wouldn't waste my precsious dollar with frivilous toilet breaks. Nothing like the smell of a childs blood on a nice T-shirt....mmm...sweat and bloood. [Eek!] Sorry bout my humor. I highly reccomend American Apparrell(spell apparrell?) They are a very progressive co. They don't use sweatshops-Check out their web site and they will give you the entire blurb about their human and enviremental concerns. They are based out of L.A. and have a set up out of Montreal. [big Grin][Wink] Ask about sizes....I got Large girly basic tees and really it's a big small or a small medium. So if you want Large womans tees ask them about x or xxlarge. The Mens are probably more normal in sizing.

My friend has a store on Nassau st in Kensington. The store is called Harboiled. He prints on American Apprael shirts and does an amazing job. Tell him you know Amy Kirsh and he will treat you good.

I am in Israel now and do not have his number.

email me and when I get back I can give you his info.

phunkyb420@hotmail.com

Shalom,

Amy

Archived