Jambands.ca

cool The Tummies info inside

Velvet

The Tummies, plus special ultra-talented musical and spiritual guests are playing at the Ottawa Folkfest this Saturday. The big surprise talent spot at the festival this year will surely be the Ottawa Folklore Centre stage, which will be hosting a number of the fine, fine players that make up the staff of the OFC.

Anywho, The Tummies are opening the festivities up, with an hour-long headlining set starting at noon. Some mysterious surprise guests with superhuman musical abilities will be sitting in, so if you miss it you miss it.

And who really cares besides. I'm mean what's it all fucking mean in the long run, we're just trying to save the world one baby seal at a time. See y'all. Bru.

Would the special guests include Mung, by any chance?

Gad, have The Tummies ever played as early as noon? Will a noon start give them enough time to get, uh, "ready"?

Aloha,

Brad

P.S. I checked the OFF Saturday schedule, and for the noon slot on the OFC stage, it lists "Rise Up Singing" with Arthur McGregor. Can I assume that The Tummies was a last-minute addition and the schedule hasn't been updated yet?

Well, the online schedule is 100% wrong. I'm assuming that's a workshop tent as opposed to being a performance stage. I know the acts playing on Saturday at the OFC stage and it has nothing to do with that online list. I'll get that figured out.

NoNoNo, this time I mean real, live outer human guests. Actual real non-internalized musical help on the stage with The Tummies.

I'm getting butterflys in my band about it already.

Hey Mon Chi Chi,

The band is called The Tummies, and if I were to post something about, say Led Zeppelin, I would write "cool Led Zeppelin info." As the post was about The Tummies, I wrote "cool The Tummies info," so no irony or oxymoronic devices intended.

Letting the cat outta the bag, a couple of the special guests include the unbelievably talented Doug Gouthro, and the varied skills of the transcendant Alan Marsden.

If neroboy comes anywhere near, there's gonna be trouble. Things are looking grim between he and I.

quote:

Originally posted by Velvet:

[QB] Hey Mon Chi Chi,

The band is called The Tummies, and if I were to post something about, say Led Zeppelin, I would write "cool Led Zeppelin info." As the post was about The Tummies, I wrote "cool The Tummies info," so no irony or oxymoronic devices intended.

no no- i understand that the band is called THE TUMMIES, i just meant the combination of that and the word cool. Ok bad joke. no understandy. [Embarrassed]

Damn, not only will I have the step-kids here this weekend, but financial setbacks this month have made it impossible for me to afford the weekend pass for the Festival ... I'm not sure at this point that I will be able to make the Friday Emmylou Harris set, which up to this point was set to be the high point of my summer. Sorry I can't make it, Todd, break a string.

RnB

quote:

Originally posted by Rob Not Bob:

Damn, not only will I have the step-kids here this weekend, but financial setbacks this month have made it impossible for me to afford the weekend pass for the Festival ... I'm not sure at this point that I will be able to make the Friday Emmylou Harris set, which up to this point was set to be the high point of my summer. Sorry I can't make it, Todd, break a string.

RnB

Having volunteered for several Folk Fests, there's a low-cost way to catch the main stage acts: go to Britannia Park and stand near the fence, outside the grounds. If you position yourself near the main gate, you can see/hear the show just fine.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived