Nep-tunes, Saint John, NB w/ High Plains Drifter

www.myspace.com/neptunesbar

Sunday, April 22

La Plage, Montreal, PQ $6 w/ High Plains Drifter

www.myspace.com/pcmusiccollective

Saturday, April 28th

Crosstown, Toronto, On $15 w/ DJ CZECH & MUVA SOUNDSYSTEM

www.myspace.com/makeitfunky & www.nufunk.ca

Whoa... what a night, just arrived here in Fredericton, and who would have thought that there would be so much snow!! I pretty much slept the entire way... just getting my act together now and getting ready for the first show tonight with Dub Antenna, really great act, check out their myspace www.myspace.com/dubantenna . We're doing a a radio show with DJ Violet I on CHRY UNB Radio.... more info to follow...

jay

Last night at The Phoenix was wikked! Big Ups to Dub Antenna for having us join them, it was a really great treat to be a part of that night, it was truly Fredericton's Reggae scene in the House. DJ Violet I interviewed the band on CHSR just before the show, and gave us some great energy and welcome to the East.

Irie Band played a hour set, we did about 5-6 dubs, 3-4 originals and a couple of Bob Marley songs that had everyone singing... that was a special night for all of us.

Irie Band was very impressed with DUB ANTENNA!! they had some great cover songs, really showed that they did their reggae dub homework, they are holdin' down the scene here!!

Thanks to everyone who showed some love and bought a CD & T-shirt, every bit helps!

After the show we headed straight for Wolfville, we're playing at a really nice & intimate venue called On The Verge, it's a restaurant/bar with some good vibez, clean and sophisticated look, we're just about to sound check, so more about it later.

Last nigt was a blast... We pulled into Wolfville, nova Scotia by noon, and we were beat tired, but we hung out at the promoter's house, just after setting up in this really nice restaurant / club vibe. After an afternoon nap, we had dinner back at the club, one of the best meals I have had in a long time, that venue "ON THE VERGE" has one sweet cook, who hooked us large, it was crazy feast!

High Plains Drifter opened, which was a trio of myself & Irie Band's drummer Colin & bass player Uncle Dropsi... we did mostly a calypso & afrofunk set. Which was followed by a solid 2 hour Irie band show. We were joined by Verbal Warnin' ( a Halifax based reggae band http://www.myspace.com/verbalwarnin ) percussionists who joined in on congas, bells & tamborine. Dave Carmichael, a East Coast singer/songwriter type was there and also played some percussion. We had about 50 people out dancin' until about 2am, it was a small but enthusiastic crowd.

Fast forward to an after-party with jamhub.ca kids and Acadia Students, we got pretty irie all night, crashing back at the promoter's pad, got up early for the drive to Antigonish.

So here I am in the 'Nish, we're playing a 420 Jam at Pat's Place, it's exam times, but tonight should be an old school reunion; my old school St. F.X. & Evolve Festival conconspirators will be there.

The band is feelin' a bit of the wear on the road, but we're all pretty optimistic about tonight and the rest of the summer.

last night was a blast, 420 party... whoa..

more on that later, tonight it's another adventure, we're here in Saint John and they've moved our show to a house party, it's a bootleg hot summer night all night party in SJ, the word is just getting out today... we just arrived and the beer and the jager are already out... gotta set up my amp... but a quick post to say.... hello!

Saint John 4:21 Party!! The real smokers celebrate the day after!!

Since we couldn't get a venue for the scheduled show at Nep-Tunes tonight, we are going to do the next best thing! Not cancel a show, and throw a 4:21 reggae house party!

For those wishing to attend, please send me an EMAIL at mcloon@gmail.com or saintjohnbookings@gmail.com

The night will be byob but we do ask people to pay cover so we can help the band make their money too!!

Cheers all!{

ok, The House Party ended up being one of the best nights of the tour. Partly because we were tight as nails, and were very surprised by the last minute turn out. The hosts, has insano amounts of beer on hand, and when all the bars let out on the streets, the house got packed.

High Plains Drifter opened the night, with original HPD member James Dalzell on Keys, and Colin & Dropsi also on board. We were playing pretty quietly, we didn't want the house party to get busted too quickly.

Irie Band played two sets, we played almost every song we knew! Thanks SJ for the good times! What a great music loving scene!

Anyways the ride back was not really fun at all, we had not really slept for a week at this point, and if it wasn't for the all the weed we had on board, we probabbly wouldn't have made it home. Everyone was feelin the wear, no one was awake enough to even drive; we had to crash at a rest stop on the way back, just to recharge.

Basically the tour was rough, we did a pretty good splash on the East Coast, we are determined to make it a prime market for the Irie Band. As anyone who has gone on a tour before knows, breaking into a new area can be tough. Luckily we did it and we'll live to tell.. We're booked back in Atlantic Canada on August 3rd @ Evolve.

thanks for readin'

jay

www.irieband.ca

p.s. we play next:

Make-it-Reggae.gif