Jambands.ca

Toronto Vegan Restaurant - Fressen

bouche

yes, and it was very good! it was quite awhile ago that i was there, but i remember the ingredients being very fresh, and each dish had very creative presentation (there was even one dish with tofu cut into cute little stars). they also had very good bread served with some of the best olive oil & balsalmic vinegar i have ever tasted. the site is right, in that it does take awhile for your food, but i remember the atmosphere being nice enough to make the wait not too bad. it really was a long time ago i was there, so i'm not sure how much it's changed, but i'd definitely recommend checking it out.

It's Tapas style these days, so the more people you go with, the better.

Weekends you need a reservation for sure, otherwise be prepared to wait awhile.

You will want to order everything on the menu, and be sure to save room for dessert.

Its not cheap- but the food is triple A!

The food is sexy! They serve dishes up that come to the table looking like master artworks- the ones you see in gourmet magazines- and they all taste even better than they look.

Salivating just thinking about it.

Any carnivore that can eat there and not even slightly entertain thoughts of becoming vegan has fried thier taste buds.

• 1 month later...

Had dinner at Fressen on the weekend. I take back what I said about it being expensive earlier. Everything I said about taste sticks and then some!

recap:

Peppery rocket arugula dressed in a cranberry vinaigrette with pears, pumpkin seeds and seared tempeh in a poppadum canoe

Sliced shiitake and crimini mushrooms mixed with shredded spinach in cashew cream wrapped in a filo pastry puff.

Steamed bundled asparagus on a warm bed of tahini creamed quinoa with miso hemp butter.

No room for dessert. 3 items was plenty of food for 2 herbivores. 4 items would have been too much.

yum YUM!