Jambands.ca

Berkfest.....

Northern Wish

I had the good fortune to be taken for the ride of my life last weekend, by a good friend (and new Skank member- The Mayor).

For those who haven't been out to the Berkshires, the festival is at the base of a mountain at a ski resort. Very very nice.

The music was top notch. I mean a lineup that boasts MMW, Warren, Greyboy, AGP, New Deal, Kimock and The Slip twice for the jam fans, and still has reggae, rock, and folk artists along with the indescribeable Flaming Lips- and you know the promoter cares about music.

I was able to enjoy backstage all access, all weekend and will never see a festival the same ever again. I was hooked up with a campsite with my car about 200 yards from the stage, a quick 2 or 3 minute walk to get to the front of the stage (or a minute and a half if I wanted to get on the side of the stage for some really close viewing). The whole weekend was just VIP. I couldn't have been more like a kid in a candy store, than I was for three days in Barrington.

I can't review the bands individually since I have to work tomorrow and it would take all night... But Galactic, Kimock, Greyboy and Flaming Lips were certainly tops.

Special thanks to the Mayor and my lovely never to be forgotten "special" cow bracelet and of course the special ops security crew that delivered us cold beer, hot food and ice all weekend.

I know this took a while but it really took a long time to sink in.

Sean

ps. To the Mayor just always remember that moment when you and I cornered and seriously spooked Wayne Coyne on Saturday night. Oh my god to have heard the conversation on the Lips tour bus that night after we lunged at him with our "greatest show ever" comments.

Berkfest certainly had something for everyone this year...and thanks to northern wish for sharing good vibe and a helping hand keeping town hall afloat many talented, like-minded individuals make-up our community and even in the midst of the total chaos of berkfest kind people rule

Archived