Jambands.ca

Still waiting.............

Booche

Ha!

No friggin' way. It's all about the East dude! Hard enough getting people to watch this series as it is :) This has been much to long a break since the last series ended.

I'd love to be tailgating this afternoon in the sunny California sun outside the Honda Place, catch a game at 5pm, then party the night away :D

Edited by Guest

Will the NHL's micro-management attract a huge quantity of new viewers in the U.S.? I doubt it.

Most certainly not. This will probably rank as one of the least viewed Stanley Cups. Too bad for a lot of people, as it should provide for some fantastic hockey! That's what i'm looking forward to.

Both sides are "deserving" in their own way for this championship. The arguments around the "Canadian-ness" or the city's that the teams are from are ridiculous. I'd rather see great hockey from teams representing small markets, than shit from the big cities. Every team is a member of the League. Therefore, they all have the right to raise that Cup.

I found out my answer:

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/pros/ducks/ducksinfo/article_1708761.php

Ottawa mayors make Stanley Cup wager

The losing mayor must wear the winning team's jersey.

By ERIK ORTIZ

The Orange County Register

ANAHEIM – The Anaheim Ducks face off against the Ottawa Senators for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals on Monday.

And Mayor Curt Pringle is counting on his hometown team to come out on top.

As is tradition, each team's respective mayors have made a wager on the outcome and announced it Friday.

If the Ducks win: Ottawa will display four flags – the Ducks, the city of Anaheim, the state of California and the United States of America – for one day; Ottawa Mayor Larry O'Brien and the Ottawa City Council will wear Ducks jerseys at a council meeting, including pirates-styled Mickey Mouse ears; O'Brien will show off an "Anaheim 150" crate paperweight until the 2007-08 NHL season begins; and the city of Ottawa will put a picture of O'Brien and the Ottawa City Council in their Ducks garb on the city's Web site.

If the Senators win: Anaheim will display four flags – the Senators, the city of Ottawa, the province of Ontario and the Canadian flag; Pringle will wear a Senators jersey at an upcoming City Council meeting and a Canadian Mounties hat; A Rideau Canal (175th anniversary) paperweight or memento will go on display in Pringle's office; and a picture of Pringle and the City Council in Senators jerseys will go on www.anaheim.net.