Jambands.ca

White Stripes at Bluesfest

ollie

I loved how they were able to create a big show by using very basic but effective stage production.

I liked that too. It flies in stark contrast to their elaborate set-up on their last tour - although that set-up made sense considering Get Behind Me Satan is an experimental and softer sounding album.

well, it was hardly a basic set-up. staircases and a runway, multiple mics, keyboards Jack didn't touch, the red banners, etc.... seemed pretty elaborate given what the other headliners have done recently.

good set. had a great time. smashed drunk though. head hurting right now

Yup, that was a great show. 'Twould be better with a bass player.

yeah, and it would be better still if they had elvis on backing vocals and a troupe of trained seals balancing red and white plates on ten foot sticks ... but they don't. its a shame that so many people focus on what's 'missing' from this band than what's there. :crazy:

What an experience.

It was everything I love about music.

To quote Jaimoe:

"Ball and Motherfucking Biscuit!"

Dead Leaves, and The Dirty Ground and 300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues were my other favs.

Also we were walking by the Bronson Center on our way to the show last night and saw a bunch of people standing around. Too bad I wanted to get to the Pho stand so bad, as it sounds like we missed a shot at the secret show. Oh well, I really don't know how I could have squeezed more live music into one weekend.

10/10 all the way.

Sean