Jambands.ca

New Sadies Album Sept 18

AD

Sadies new album a family affair

Writer: Kasia Galazka

News, Published online on 11 Jul 2007

Cue the iTunes visualizers! Canada’s cosmic rockers the Sadies have announced their fifth studio album, New Seasons, will be released September 18 on Yep Roc.

Recorded with friend and collaborator Gary Louris (Jayhawks, Golden Smog) in Spain and Toronto, New Seasons promises 13 new tracks of the band’s honed psychedelic country rock sound.

Like all Sadies albums, frontmen and brothers Dallas and Travis Good called on family folk to contribute-including momma Margaret Good and their father and uncles, Canadian Country Hall of Famers The Good Brothers. The release also features Louris and Giant Sand's Howe Gelb.

Here’s New Seasons' tracklisting for the secretly Canadian at heart:

1 - Introduction

2 - The First Inquisition (Part 4)

3 - What’s Left Behind

4 - Sunset to Dawn

5 - Yours to Discover

6 - Anna Leigh

7 - The Trial

8 - My Heart of Wood

9 - A Simple Aspiration

10 - Wolf Tones

11 - Never Again

12 - The Land Between

13 - The Last Inquisition (Part 5)

August 19 at the Fourfold Farm outside Guelph (near Elora), $25, other bands playing as well such as Gurf Morlix, Tacoma Hellfarm Tragedy, the year I went there were only 100 tickets sold and you have to know someone who knows someone to get in. That was a few years ago and things might have changed.

Very fun and intimate event, family friendly, good times. Hit it if you can. Also get on top of trying to get tickets NOW. I had to have my plans confirmed and double confirmed in June the year I went. There was a waiting list that year too.

August 19 at the Fourfold Farm outside Guelph, $25, other bands playing as well such as Gurf Morlix, Tacoma Hellfarm Tragedy, the year I went there were only 100 tickets sold and you have to know someone who knows someone to get in. That was a few years ago and things might have changed.

Very fun and intimate event, family friendly, good times. Hit it if you can. Also get on top of trying to get tickets NOW. I had to have my plans confirmed and double confirmed in June the year I went. There was a waiting list that year too.

What's their policy on lawn farmer's field chairs?

Aloha,

Brad