Jambands.ca

If ya love Hendrix.....

Esau

I downloaded thison sharing the groove and its unreal.I have a window open(bit torrent) for this still and will leave it open until at least sunday if theres interest in this.

Here's the link :

Jimi Hendrix-download here

It's 3.5GB

Disc Times: 77min 57min 63min 72min 79min 76min 77min 76min

Disc 1

1 Callage (songs & interviews)

2 Hey Joe

3 Jimi interview

4 How Would You Feel

5 Love Or Confusion

6 Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

7 All Along The Watchtower

8 Little Wing

9 Red House

10 Spanish Castle Magic

11 Hear My Train A Comin'

12 Rock N Roll Band

13 Steppin Stone

14 Gloria

15 My Diary

16 Utee

17 Burning Of The Midnight Lamp

18 Little Miss Lover

19 Foxy Lady

20 Catfish Blues

21 Slow Walkin Talk

Disc 2

1 Traffic Jam

2 Hey Baby Jam

3 Jazz Jam

4 Moonlight Jam

5 Studio Catastrophe

6 Valleys Of Neptune

7 Rainy Day Super Jam

8 Nervous Breakdown

9 Captain Coconut & Cherokee Mist Jam MLK

10 Crash Landing

Disc 3

1 #7 Man (I'm A Man)

2 Voodoo Chile

3 Somewhere Over The Rainbow

4 Red House

5 Angel

6 1983

7 First Jam

Disc 4

1 7 Dollars In My Pocket

2 Devil Jam (Winter Jam)

3 Lover Man

4 Midnight Lightning 1

5 Further On Up The Road

6 The Things I Used To Do

7 Once I Had A Woman

8 Machine Gun

9 Lord I Sing The Blues For You And Me

10 Country Blues

11 Stop

Disc 5

1 Midnight Lightning

2 Lower Alcatrazz

3 There Goes Ezy Rider

7 Dollars In My Pocket

4 Heavy Ryder Jam (Ezy Rider Jam)

5 Easy Blues

6 Gypsy Boy

7 Peace In Mississippi

8 Bluesiana Jam

9 B.B. King Slow Instrumental Jam

Disc 6

1 Two Guitar Jam

2 San Francisco Bay Jam

3 Gypsy Eyes

4 Cherokee Mist

5 The Street Things

6 In From The Storm

7 Freedom

8 Somewhere Over The Rainbow

9 Belly Button Window

10 Captain Coconut/Cherokee Mist

11 Rider Blues

12 Electric Lady Theme

13 Jazzy Jamming (South Saturn Delta)

Disc 7

1 She's So Fine

2 Azis: Bold As Love

3 EXP

4 Up From The Skies

5 Love Jam (Jazz Jimi Jam)

6 Electric Lady Jam

7 Pass It On

8 Hey Baby

9 Stone Free

10 Hey Joe

11 Freedom

12 Red House

13 Ezy Rider

14 New Rising Sun Theme

Disc 8

1 Fire

2 Getting My Heart Back Together Again

3 Spanish Castle Magic

4 Purple Haze

5 Taz Free

6 Message Of Love

7 Red House

8 Voodoo Chile (slight return)

9 Machine Gun

10 Hey Baby (Land Of The New Rising Sun)

Thanks Bruin brother. The number of tracks and the info is a little over-whelming for a Hendrix fiend like myself.

I'm pretty sure that most of the unreleased stuff will end up on a box-set some time in the not-to-distant future.

Hey Esau, do you have the last Hendrix box-set that came out a few years ago? It's a must own. Booche almost cried when I played him disc 3 & 4... cried out of fear of the master. In From The Storm may be the heaviest riff Jimi ever wrote.

No I haven't kept up on my Jimi the last couple years....my fault thats for sure,last Jimi box set I picked up was way back...Stages I beleive,on cassette [Eek!] ,still unreal stuff.

I agree with the In from the storm,thats one of my favorite tunes actually.

Just watched Rainbow bridge over the weekend,been awhile since I seen it...gotta love the In from the storm on that one.

Still searching for a fresh copy of "Nine to the Universe" on disc,I have it on vinyl and cassette but,the disv would complete the set,not sure if they even press that album anymore.

Could probally work somthing out if ya want this collection,would be able to do anything until after the weekend but,for a Bruins fan as your self and Hendrix fan,I'm sure somthing could be worked out.

Let me know ibex73@hotmail.com

Greg

i'm at 77% done....

i'm not really much of a hendrix fan, but i'm sure i'll find something i like on these discs...

i know how amazing of a player he was. i really really love Hendrix Blues. I bought it a few years ago, and can't stop playing it.

Of course i have another hendrix double disc, ummm lemme see if i can find it, damn, can't even find it, it was something that came out in the mid to late nighties, contain live material, possibly a whole show....

well, after listening to these discs, maybe i'll find a whole new appreciation for him...

I seem to recall having some rare bootlegs when I was a teen. Something from the Record Plant with at very least the Cherokee Mist listed. It was with John McLaughlin and there was that, a Driving South jam, few others, likely Dolly Dagger as well. Does anyone know Dolly Dagger? One of my faves.

quote:

Originally posted by kung:

I seem to recall having some rare bootlegs when I was a teen. Something from the Record Plant with at very least the Cherokee Mist listed. It was with John McLaughlin and there was that, a Driving South jam, few others, likely Dolly Dagger as well. Does anyone know Dolly Dagger? One of my faves.

I have a bootleg I got in 85 or so and its got cherokee mist and a apartment version of red house...etc etc,think its called Hoochie coochie man, all outtakes of stuff,valleys of neptune is smoking....

Anyone remember Nine to the universe?

well, i'm mid way into the second disc, and i'm really enjoying this mix.

so far, by far, the best track has been cd2 track 1 > 2. I guess its labelled Traffic Jam > Hey Baby Jam. Next track is jazz jam. No idea who this is on Sax, i'm sure i could figure it out, it sounds very fusionish; maybe Chris Wood.

Of course, if its w/ Traffic jimi's playing with, i'd definately bet its Chris Wood on the brass.

Anyways, just felt like blabbing for a bit...

Esau,, that is a killer songlist. and a Jam with Traffic too?!

I'm trying to download this but am getting a "connection refused". Perhaps having to do with a firewall? I'm new to BitTorrent so if you can help me out I'd appreciate it. I'm using the Sygate firewall.

I used to have "Cherokee Mist" on tape. Mine had a filler of Jimi with Stevie Wonder on drums that was later released on the BBC sessions (can't remember the name of the actual discs but it was all BBC Stuff). No disrespect to Stevie but drums aren't his strongest instrument.

Wasn't aware that John McLaughlin was a part of that game. Giddy-Up.

quote:

Originally posted by ahess6488:

Esau,, that is a killer songlist. and a Jam with Traffic too?!

I'm trying to download this but am getting a "connection refused". Perhaps having to do with a firewall? I'm new to BitTorrent so if you can help me out I'd appreciate it. I'm using the Sygate firewall.

I used to have "Cherokee Mist" on tape. Mine had a filler of Jimi with Stevie Wonder on drums that was later released on the BBC sessions (can't remember the name of the actual discs but it was all BBC Stuff). No disrespect to Stevie but drums aren't his strongest instrument.

Wasn't aware that John McLaughlin was a part of that game. Giddy-Up.

I could nt help ya with the firwall stuff,I am goin through the same crap right now,with furthur saying I have a firewall,but to all my knowledge,I havent used a firewall,and it was fine the other day....

Anyway, I know that the tracker was down last night for bit torrent,Im new to it as well,in fact this was my second show ever using BT,I see there is still an upload from me,but its only at 2kbs...I will close the window and reopen it and see if that helps.

I have that BBC session disc,I also have a disc(cdr) called the Traffic sessions,Jimi and Traffic studio stuff I beleive,its on lend at the moment,but a killer one none the less.

Sorry I cant help ya with that firewall stuff,I think maybe goin to STG would be the best way to get a informed answer and solution.

Archived