Jambands.ca

EPL 2007-2008 Season

MattyC

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girl at expressvu just told me she had no idea what I was talking about and there was no new channels for soccer. We have unions and outsourcing to thank for this.

JFTR. The dutch beat sweden 5-4 on penalties in the rd of 16 then lost 2-1 to Portugal in 90minutes.

Edited by Guest

just added this comment:

Very discouraging news, all 'round.

The sad thing is that the promotion of the sport in this country will, in the end, be the big loser. Instead of key games being on commonly available channels, the propect of ponying up $15/month will scare off the casual/up and coming fan.

At a time when things seemed like they were looking up, the Shylocks have messed everything up for the new wave of fans that had just gotten a taste of the beauty of the sport via the U-20 WC coverage of the summer.

Sure they'll get many people shelling out a pound of flesh every month but for everyone else the game will just be of passing interest, a memory of 2007.

How many Canadian kids do you see walking around with West Ham or Citeh shirts?

sad.

Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007

We will be launching our Sports PPV Pack on Bell Express and Rogers Cable at the start of the EPL season (Aug 11). I'd hold off on calling the call center,

though, because they probably won't have any info until we actually launch. Please keep an eye on the websites for any updates. The channel will be $14.99 CDN per month, and the free preview time period will vary depending on your carrier.

The pack will basically be the same as the channel that we currently have in the US, a mixture of both soccer and rugby. Due to various reasons, no magazine or highlights shows will be shown on the new Canadian Sports Pack. Please visit www.setanta.com for more details on our offerings.

Setanta has the rights to the following EPL matches: 7:30amET Sat; 10amET Sat we have 1st,3rd,4th,5th choices; 12:30amET Sat; 8:30amET Sun; 3pmET Mon; and all mid-week games.

http://www.thescore.ca/blogs/footy/index.asp?name=footy/2007/08/epl_and_new_sho.html

Just received official confirmation independently from Rogers and Setanta. Setanta Sports will be launched in Ontario through Rogers and Bell Express Vu on August 9th with a free preview untill September 9th, after which the channel will be available for $14.99 CAD per month with a minimum 4 month commitment. Rogers Sports Net will also air the 10.00 AM EST game ( 2nd pick) whereas, the Score will only show the one sunday game.

Setanta has been pretty great so far. I hope this no commercials thing isn't an anomaly either.

5:00pm Best of EPL - Man City v Man Utd

A look back at this tussle from 2002 between two of the Premier League's greatest rivals.

6:45pm Best of EPL - Liverpool v Arsenal

A look back at this classic encounter in December 2001 between two top English teams, managed by two top French managers.

Oh god, Setanta just won me over. Look what's on Monday.

2:30pm Live Carling Cup - Peterborough v Southampton

Live action from the Carling Cup tie involving Peterborough United and Southampton at London Road Stadium. Find out if striker Danny Crow can fire the Posh to victory over the Saints in this one. K.O. 02:45pm ET.