Jambands.ca

home needed for a cat

phishin4mango

i feel silly posting this here, but i am desperate at this point.

my mother (who has alzheimers) recently had her cat taken away from her as the vets thought she was no longer capable of taking care of the cat.

my mom lives in ontario and i live in the yukon, making it difficult for me to find a new home for the cat..whose name is Samson. is there anyone who would like a 7 year old orange cat?? he is very good, and requires one pill a day which i can explain in detail if someone is interested. i would love to take this cat, but unfortunately my partner is horribly allergic.

if you are interested, please email me at:

pixiedust99@hotmail.com

thanks-

amanda

my mother (who has alzheimers) recently had her cat taken away from her as the vets thought she was no longer capable of taking care of the cat.

Im so sorry to hear about your mom's condition, amanda. alzheimers can be very tough. im concerned that her cat has been "taken away", though. admittedly, I do not know any details and I do not intend this to be critical of anyone's actions here as I know living with this disease is challenging for everyone. :) Im just wondering if it's at all possible for Samson to somehow stay with your mom, with CCAC or CMHA assistance. it would probably help your mom to have Samson there. all my best.

thanks for the reply....perhaps i should see what CCAC has to say about this. she is already registered with them and receiving some of their services...

it does seem (in hindsight over the weekend), that the vets took the cat based mainly on some of my mom's behaviours, which are not her fault...

thanks for providing me with some hope here....it's been a glum past few days...

figure I'd mention everyone drives right through Mount Forest on the way (and way back) to and from ghost town from southern ontario

(have 3 dogs already, puts us at full animal capacity here in the city)

wishing all the best towards you and your mom... hang in there