Jambands.ca

Lawn Chair Blues...

can-o-phish

A while ago I read all the controversy regarding the "lawn chair dilemma" and some of the altercations between "standers & sitters"...I hadn't experienced this myself...until last night...

A few of us made our way out to the Port Credit South Street Shuffle to catch the legend blues man Buddy Guy...we made our way into the venue which was general admission and made our way up to the stage...at first I thought that the venue had set up seats as there were rows and rows of people sitting down and then realized they were all sitting on their lawn chairs...BIG LAWN CHAIRS...TAKING UP THE SPACE FOR AT LEAST TWO OR THREE PEOPLE OR FOUR WHEN THE "SITTER" DECIDED TO GET OFF THEIR FAT ASS AND DANCE FOR 5 SECONDS...

Sure enough, many of us were yelled at, screamed at, told to "sit down or get the $%&* out" by these silly white people in their trailor made lawn boy chairs...one older man kicked my friend in the back of his legs...wrong move on his part as that particular friend doesn't take shit from anyone...

In the end we just ignored the sea of trash and then laughed our asses off when the MC walked on stage and told the crowd to "stand the %$*# up and give it up for Buddy Guy"...

But for the first 45 minutes of the show I felt like I had been vomited on...the vibe was so bad that I didn't think I'd enjoy any of the show but thankfully Buddy put on a great show and I was finally able to shake of the the previous unpleasantries...

It was also no surprise that the guy directly beside me was never bothered or asked to sit down by the "chair nazis" probably because he was black...but I had a great time with him and when he put his arm around me I wasn't bothered by the lawn chair morons :crazy:

It was great to see Buddy Guy...it was terrible to experience the "lawn chair ordeal" and I hope that I never have to experience something like that again... :P

so your friend who doesnt take shit from anyone let some old man kick him in the leg and did nothing about it..

i honetly dont know whats worse. the idiots in the lawn chairs, or the people who stand and let the lawn chair losers tell them what to do.

sometimes you got to fight for your right to party!

so your friend who doesnt take shit from anyone let some old man kick him in the leg and did nothing about it..

i honetly dont know whats worse. the idiots in the lawn chairs, or the people who stand and let the lawn chair losers tell them what to do.

sometimes you got to fight for your right to party!

No, my friend did stand his ground and very few people come out on top in a battle of wits against him...in a short amount of time he put the lawn chair nazi in his place and convinced him that if he wanted to enjoy the concert he should either stand or relocate his chair to the back of the venue as we were there first...however, it still sucked that all of this happened... :(}:(