Jambands.ca

Travesty!

Guest Low Roller

I find these things kinda wierd. Like, how many kids of this generation even know who Alvin and the Chipmunks are? I mean, I guess they'll want to see it cuz its animated chipmunks, but mostly, ive gotta figure its made for the kids of a couple of generations ago, like myself. And I dont find myslef terribly compelled to see this movie. Now if it was GI Joe...

I find these things kinda wierd. Like, how many kids of this generation even know who Alvin and the Chipmunks are? I mean, I guess they'll want to see it cuz its animated chipmunks, but mostly, ive gotta figure its made for the kids of a couple of generations ago, like myself. And I dont find myslef terribly compelled to see this movie. Now if it was GI Joe...

There are likely a lot of parents who will end up taking their kids to see it, more because it's something known to the parents, rather than to their children. (The Children's Television Workshop figured this out decades ago: the best way to get kids to watch a show is to get their parents to watch it; this explains why a lot of stars [e.g., Candice Bergen, B.B. King, etc.] did guest/cameo spots on "Sesame Street.")

Aloha,

Brad