Jambands.ca

Hux's book recommendation of the day!

SevenSeasJim

Nor can he stop watching Top Gun on TBS:

As Quentin Tarantino's character first pointed out in "Sleep With Me," gay undertones permeate many aspects of "Top Gun," to the point that you almost wonder if the script was written by the five guys from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy." There's the ultra-close friendship between Mav and Goose. There's the charged, uncomfortable tension between Cruise and Kilmer (when do you ever see guys talking with their faces two inches apart?). There's the surreal volleyball scene, which plays like a "Schmitt's Gay" beer commercial on SNL.

There are lines during the action scenes like "I've got your tail" and "Watch your rear." There's the bald commander yelping, "I want butts!" There's the fact that Kelly McGillis' character went by "Charlie," or that she dressed up in the manliest way possible to win Cruise's affection (in the elevator). And of course, there's the memorable "Tail" exchange between Cruise and Kilmer at the end. It's funny to watch "Top Gun" again and look for these things. Believe me, they're everywhere.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Archived