Jambands.ca

New Speeding LAw

headymamamyrna

people that drive that fast and race in the streets don't deserve the privilege of a license and a vehicle. the government has to legislate this because the knobs who kill people clearly don't understand what they're doing.

agreed. :D i dont see temporarily confiscating a car in this context as being any different than say, confiscating a hockey stick after you swing it at someone in the parking lot after a game. they are both potentially deadly weapons being used criminally, and its the responsibility of the authorities to remove it from the hands of the violator to protect the rest of us. bottom line is that its unsafe for others around you for you to go that fast in your car.

Fuck that...I would have been out of my car faster than you can say "double double" knocking on his window.

nah, no sense in a confrontation. just shove one of those hard-as-rock honeysticks up his exhaust pipe and watch him sputter and backfire all the way home.

ah, good memories.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some sad current news where police seized a vehicle. not clear to me if the car was seized under the new laws, but still, if the guy did cause the crash he's a knob who shouldn't be given a license.

Man charged, vehicle seized after crash

Tuesday, 4:20: Woman left with serious injuries, Hunt Club closed for several hours

By SUN MEDIA

Ottawa police have laid criminal charges and seized the car of a Pembroke man they believe contributed to a morning crash that put a 21-year-old woman in hospital with serious injuries.

Police say a black Volkswagen was eastbound on Hunt Club Rd. between Woodroffe Ave. and Merivale Rd. around 6:45 a.m. when it made multiple lane changes, causing a Chevy Lumina to lose control and slam into a post.

The woman who was driving the Lumina received a critical head injury. Ottawa paramedics treated and transported her to hospital, where she was last reported in serious but stable condition.

Hunt Club Rd. eastbound was closed for several hours after the crash -- right through the morning rush hour -- creating major traffic tie-ups for commuters along the busy route, as well as adjcaent Woodroffe and Merivale roads.

Roderick McKenney, 44, is charged with dangerous driving causing bodily harm. Police also seized his licence and his vehicle.

Police are asking any witnesses to the crash to call Const. Derek Menard at 613-236-1222, ext. 2479.