Jambands.ca

good roti in ottawa?

meggo

• 3 weeks later...
And there's nothing in the city that can hold a candle to it, though Groovy's is pretty decent.

seriously?

I had it once when they first opened and I was disappointed in the heat level. I asked for hot, but it wasn't really hot, and they had no hot sauces other than the vinegary concoction known as franks red hot. that is just plain wrong.

i do keep forgetting to give it another shot. I went to germantown yesterday and had to meet Ollie at Quizno's. As I walked by Carribean Flavours, I realized that I wanted a roti BAD!

And there's nothing in the city that can hold a candle to it' date=' though Groovy's is pretty decent.[/quote']

seriously?

I had it once when they first opened and I was disappointed in the heat level. I asked for hot, but it wasn't really hot, and they had no hot sauces other than the vinegary concoction known as franks red hot. that is just plain wrong.

i do keep forgetting to give it another shot. I went to germantown yesterday and had to meet Ollie at Quizno's. As I walked by Carribean Flavours, I realized that I wanted a roti BAD!

Where I had a chicken sub loaded with franks red hot.

sorry, I fuckin fucked up. I thought you meant the place at bank and slater. I don't even know what that is called. I haven't had Carribean Flavours since the relaunched or should I say reLUNCHED! YUK YUK YUK!

all yokes aside, Carribean Flavours introduced me to Roti and I think I was spoiled by it. You ask for hot there and they will FUCK YOU UP!

we did catch the beginning of the band. what did you think? we left by about 8pm. d_rawk thought he heard them do an eliott smith song which he was very pleased about. :)

yeah the service is crazy slow! but it makes you feel like you're on island-time, and it's so yummy.

PS did we see you on CTV awhile back?