Jambands.ca

peterborough weekend extravaganza

snarfmaster C

I am in! In for Manx & Breit anyway.. Gotta get back to Stink Town for Saturday unfortunately. I'm seeing Manx & Breit tomorrow night as well in Brampton. wooooo!

I think we're getting a room at the Holiday Inn.. Coming up with Big Ian, Downey, Amy L and a few others. Peterborough's my favourite town in Ontario and I can't wait to check it out again! East City Diner breakfast here I come.

Blane, you comin too?

i was just about to make a new post about it:

we'd planned to get to peterborough in the early afternoon to chill out, but when we checked out of the hotel at 1 pm and found that the passenger side window of the truck had been smashed, that couldn't happen. a brisk -15 temperature (due to wind chill) meant we spent all afternoon in toronto getting the glass replaced, and then in traffic. we got to howler's place only an hour or so before the show, just enough time to have a beer and a strong coffee. harry was ok but kevin is the greatest ever! nothing makes me happier than watching him. the first set was pretty mellow, slow tunes from the new album. kevin would have a minute to solo in each song and those minutes were precious. i greedily wanted more. the second set allowed him to stretch it a little further and the duo were joined by carlos del junco on harp for the first 3 songs, which was awesome. it really got things kicking. there were more upbeat songs song as itchy knees and elbows, dog my cat, voodoo child and slow ones like i'm on fire, good time charlie, sometimes, and death have mercy. and the final song which had a summertime jam in it. the show was great, everyone agreed. but i didn't feel full inside, i needed more kevin breit than that! gotta get to the orbit room soon.... went out for beers at the infamous MoHo bar, which was quite something. or maybe it was just the retirement party. reminded me of the PemHo back in pemberton. so what is 2 levels older than cougar? we rounded out the evening at the red dog bar playing pool badly and watching the drunk college girls dancing it up for the middle aged nerd band onstage.

2078273281_54f96b682d.jpg

2078272625_945db3b3e9.jpg

Edited by Guest

sweet pics.

i went to the ptbo show as well as the brampton show the night before and these two shows have me walking on clouds!! absolutely beautiful music happening.. the show in brampton was a very intimate affair in a room for about 60. in ptbo, it took until set 2 for them to really nail it down but that set was nothing short of amazing!!! i couldn't have been happier. i took notes and i'll be writing up a nice big review sometime soon. i'll post setlist too soon.