Jambands.ca

Merry Christmas!

Ms.Huxtable

It's been a few years since the holiday spirit has hit me, but this year with the snow falling, the ease of shopping (I did mine all on-line), and an early Christmas with my family in Toronto this past weekend, my heart is full of Christmas cheer.

A few things from the weekend that still have me smiling:

- We got my 8 year old neice an MP3 player. She hasn't taken it out of her ears yet. She loves it! She even slept with it.

- We got my 5 year old nephew a hot wheels set which he played with and shared with others all day. "Guess what? This is mine!" he said grinning from ear to ear.

And the kicker.....

- My 60 year old father called last night and told me he's proposing to his girlfriend of one year at Disney Land this week! I am SO frickin' HAPPY!!!!!!

Happy December everyone. I hope you are all enjoying it as much as I am.

We got my 8 year old neice an MP3 player. She hasn't taken it out of her ears yet. She loves it! She even slept with it.

A very close friend of mine has permanent hearing damage and now wears hearing aids as a direct result of listening to music on his walkman growing up and specifically keeping it on in bed when the ear drums usually get to relax. Maybe next year you should open a savings account to help pay for the hearing aids she'll need when she hits 30.

grinch.jpg

Concern for the hearing of a minor should be embraced.

Then a friendly reminder of the importance of educating the kid on its safe use may have been a "nicer" way of posting, than openly trying to make someone feel guilty of giving a very thoughtful and much-appreciated gift.

Just a thought :)

Edited by Guest

Then a friendly reminder of the importance of educating the kid on its safe use may have been a "nicer" way of posting, than openly trying to make someone feel guilty of giving a very thoughtful and much-appreciated gift.

Just a thought :)

An excellent thought! Had I been concerned with being nice, that would have been a great approach!

You see, I'm mad at Sharon because I didn't see her Saturday night. :P