Jambands.ca

Non-Playoff teams making the playoffs?

SmoothedShredder

So a couple of weeks ago it was anybodys guess who would make the playoffs with only a few points separating 3 place and 15th in both conferences... now it seems there's a little bit of separation and some pretenders are starting to slide...

Who of the teams currentley not in a playoff position... do you think has the most legitimate chance of making the playoffs?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Capitals... who are going to rally behind Ovechkin, who's going to be lights out the rest of the way, and who's improved team is going to mold and gel at the right time to climb into a playoff position...

And in the west... the Phoenix Coyotes... who played impressive hockey on their east coast swing, and may of finally found an identity that Gretzky can work with...

I'm probably way off, but I don't start too many discussions, and don't really care if I'm wrong...

Go Sens!

I was going to pick the exact pair as Hal. Buffalo has been super streaky, win 5, lose 6, I think they get it together. The Avs have been getting killed by injuries.

One that hasn't been mentioned yet is Florida. Vokoun's been playing well, he might be able to get them into 8th.

Guest Low Roller

The East is way to tight to call any team (except Tampa Bay perhaps) a non-playoff team. Even Toronto is only 5 points out at this point, and they stink!

I'll say Washington sneaks in at #8 because I want to see an Ottawa vs. Washington playoff series.

In the West I'd like to see either Edmonton or Pheonix make it. A Canadian team or a team coached by Wayne Gretzky.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...