Jambands.ca

There Will Be Blood. oh my. what a film.

also, the score is by Johnny Greenwood for those that care and it is absolutely amazing.

I noticed that in the Trailer up on Apple's site. It looks like a wicked movie, and I'm not sure why. It's not like the subject matter is very interesting. Old west oil rush?

The Howard Stern camp was talking about it the other day. I think one of them has a screener and they are sharing it around the studio. I don't think you're allowed to lend those out!

Oil as a subject matter can be interesing Mike: Giant with James Dean and Rock Hudson is a classic. There Will Be Blood flirts with the modern western genre, and that genre has been excitingly and successfully resurrected: The Proposition, No Country for Old Men, The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada and even Dead Man (fucking brilliant allegorical masterpiece). A couple of other great newer westerns are Seraphim Falls (with Pierce Brosnan and Liam Neeson), Open Range, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee and 3:10 to Yuma.

Dead Man (fucking brilliant allegorical masterpiece).

Hear Hear ... I loved that movie. Got completely mesmerized by it one night staying up late watching it by myself. Stunning visuals and a very unique film. I gotta watch it again sometime when the time is right.

And it was Robert Mitchum's last film. A fitting swansong.