Jambands.ca

The Whigs... check 'em out!

NewRider

Immediately when I heard the name I thought Afghan Whigs reunited under a different name. I was still happy with what I got. They're opening for the Drive-By Truckers this spring and I hope they open in Toronto. Seems unlikely though as they have their own gig at the 'Shoe coming up.

Mission Control is a fantastic album though, check it out.

They're opening for the Drive-By Truckers this spring and I hope they open in Toronto. Seems unlikely though as they have their own gig at the 'Shoe coming up.

Tuesday

02/05/08

The Whigs

The Legendary Horseshoe Tavern

Wednesday

03/19/08

Drive-By Truckers

Opera House

w/ opening band

Wednesday

03/19/08

The Whigs

Opera House

I really liked that Letterman performance. Thanks for posting it Rider. That song had elements of late 60's Who and garage-punk tossed together with strands of southern rock, delivered with the style of MMJ. To me, that's mixing almost all of my favoute kinds of music into one. I'm going to seek them out, although I may have to hit up a show or two in March, like the Horseshoe and/or the gig with the Truckers.

Awesome sound on that recording! Thanks for posting that.

No problem. I didn't like it much, more for the band's sound than the sonic quality of the recording, I think. I'll probably have ear plugs in during their set in Montreal (not because I don't want to hear them, I do, but because I figure they'll be loud and fuzzed-out to the point of affecting my hearing, and I want to hear as much of DBT as possible).

Aloha,

Brad