Jambands.ca

Question re: Extracting Audio from Quicktime to MP3

M

You can find video to audio converters online, some with 30 day trials, I can't vouche for any specfic program or how well they work but I know there are a lot out there.

I use Sony Vegas (HD video software) and Sony Soundforge (audio) in conjunction for extracting audio from videos. They cost a shitload though and finding solid working cracked versions can be tricky at times.

If you have problems finding suitable software, or one that works, I could probally do it for you, I'd just need to get a copy of the video.

[color:red][edit to add]

I guess you could always use an external recorder (like a mini disc) to record the audio by patching out of your computers audio and into the recorder.

Edited by Guest

the answer maybe buried here.

http://www.videohelp.com/

I would either put it on a mac and open it in iMovie and export the audio from there to mp3 or in windows convert it to WMV using some tool that you'd need to find and then open it in windows movie maker and export the audio from there to mp3 or wav.

I'm not saying my method would work, but that's what I'd try to do.

Thanks for the suggestions guys...

I don't have a Mac or mini-disc.. .so I'll see what I can do from what I dig up online. I'm tentative to download software on this computer though w/o recommendations from folks.

Esau - i may take you up on your offer if I don't find something reputable. I've just got 2 vids that I need to get the audio for.

Thanks again guys!

Mary

:D