Jambands.ca

Liberals offer compromise on Afghan ??

wavinginthewind

How can anyone think that any elected government in one of the most powerful countries in the world could ever be against war?

Perhaps its people are but War makes too much money to not usher in with open arms.

Fucking bankers...

(Canada has amazing banks...)

Hmm...Oil, Uranium, Nuclear reactors, power generation, water, grain, timber exports...

Those are all obvious hints that Canada is all over any war we can get into politically.

What are we making for the world that is unique to us?

I say it's all just a distraction.

Get back to your own lives? Hmm? can you really make a difference? Do you care to?

Who else can we trade with other than the USA if we really back out?

• 2 weeks later...

If Canadians cared about being against the war they would vote NDP, but I think most territories in Canada have been screwed by them one way or another at some point (just like every other party of course) and their personal issues are more important than the war. It's depressing and sad, because I think many Canadians justify this war every which way, the sickest thing to me are the leftists who pretend it is a peace or humanitarian mission. Doesn't matter if the there are reports of whole villages beings slaughtered, man woman and child, doesn't matter if Canadian troops are torturing, doesn't matter when Canadian troops are caught raping children. Really all you need to do is think about this, we put DEPLETED URANIUM in our ammunition. Just think about that. It invalidates ANY argument other than this, we are engaging in genocide. If that doesn't make you a proud tax paying Canadian I don't know what will!

If Canadians cared about being against the war they would vote NDP, but I think most territories in Canada have been screwed by them one way or another at some point (just like every other party of course) and their personal issues are more important than the war.

Or perhaps Canadians have more on their voting agendas than simply war. I can't bring myself to vote NDP purely on fiscal principles.

I can find no other explanation for using depleted uranium which will be irradiating the landscape for a millenium, already causing massive increases in miscarriages and deformed babies, massive cancer increases already detectable. There is absolutely no other explanation I can muster than the wish to completely remove human life from that whole region.