Jambands.ca

Ontario premier orders review of Lord's Prayer recital.

Deeps

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread (and this forum) is insufferably intransigent. And I don't excuse myself from that charge. Or you.

Hey DEM, where the fuck are you?

I am extremely opposed to this statement ;-) Actually I do believe some compromise around this issue has been proposed (i.e. moments of silent meditation as a substitute).

This issue is likely to set people off though. To me it is as simple as the following. Is Canada a theocracy? No.

I wonder if those in favour of the prayer being held onto in public proceedings would like to see other religious customs brought to bear on the public law itself?

Shold religious custom if deemed part of our heritage actually have influence on the outcome of the legislative proceedings, if not than what is the function being served here.

This thread (and this forum) is insufferably intransigent. And I don't excuse myself from that charge. Or you.

Hey DEM, where the fuck are you?

Really, where the fuck is DEM?

:) I am the song that never ends. I figured i can continue to kick the horse, or I can give up and throw out an insult instead. At the time, the latter seemed more appealing. :)

I gave up long ago on thinking opinions around this place can change. Now I'm in it for the entertainment.

I never agreed with having to recite the Lord's Preyer every morning. It kind of put me in a weird mood with all the lordy kingdom and salvation talk. It felt like something was being crammed into our ears that we were should actually have a choice over.

Sure, I could have went out into the hall every morning like the one Jehovah's Witness boy did. Why should he go through 9 yeras of being the outcast? How about everyone who wants to recite the lord's prayer go out into the hall. I bet there wouldn't be 29 kids filing out into the hall while 1 boy stayed behind.

I wasn't even taught about the prayer.. it was just.. here everyone join in and drone out these few sentences. Okay, now sit down and be good.

I agree with singing O' Canada. I love that song!