Jambands.ca

iPod Touch

bouche

my wife got me the 8gig for x-mas.

personally, that's all i need; i like to keep my ipod with a limited amount of albums, because anything more that 8gigs becomes too overwhelming to flip through.

otherwise, the applications are handy: Google MAPS!; weather (5 day forecast plus multiple cities); stock prices; email; youtube.

I'm not sure you can synch personal organizer or contacts with your mac which seems ridiculous, but I'm sure they'll fix it up iin the time being.

but personally, i wish i could just get the iphone.

mike... get one.

seriously awessome. I have the touch and it rocks... or if you're going to spend that much on the iPod, uyou might as well get the phone and get the added bonus of being able to talk to people on it!

my iPhone is by far the coolest gadget I've ever owned - do it!

I'm not a big phone talker guy. I'd only be interested in the iPhone for network access, but I don't make the money that would justify that kind of nerdiness.

so how much are you paying for your iPhone per mth?

ahhhh...that's what I was wondering. I understand now. one day, the iron fist that rules data transport in canada will be destroyed and we'll all be able to connect on the go.

I put my fingers on a demo of the touch yesterday and I was blown away by the apps and interface. Its way more functional and has tons more potential than I thought. I'm starting to look at what it takes to design an app using the SDK (when it's available). It would be great in the gym to track progress for example. I made a tiny app on mac one day to see how you can make shit for osx using cocoa and it was surprisingly easy. I imaging developing for this device wouldn't be to difficult but it would be FUN.