No longer will I roam

Drifting snow around my window

Drifting snow around my door

Drifting snow around my brains Lord

Won't be no drifting anymore

Willie P. Bennett

Oct. 26/51 - Feb. 15/08

One of a kind. Thanks for memories Willie. RIP

Years ago my friend Pat Temple was recording in Hamilton, I was invited to come hang out and watch. Willie P was a guest on the album. At the time I didn't know who he was. I wandered upstairs to the kitchen to get a coffee and there was this big dude sitting there reading the paper. I introduced myself, and had a long rambling conversation with this guy who identified himself as Willie. Total gentleman, class act all the way, and very interested in an incredibly diverse range of subjects.

Then I got to hear him sing and play.

Wow.

I've seen him a number of times since, and been thoroughly blown away each time. 56 is way too young...they did say that he died of natural causes, and he had been struggling somewhat after last year's heart attack.

RIP Willie P.

I never met a person more "meant" to do what they do. He was musical inside,out, all the way through.

We party'd until there was no party left one night, around 8 am he gave me a baritone guitar and amp, cranked it to full volume, and opened the windows to george street. I played one note and it went into feedback, the sound was out of this world, we both sat grinning in the defining sound like there was nothing better in the world. He was the real thing. He got inside the sound and when he looked at you from in there, you knew he was home. If there is an after life I like to think there are overtones there that Wilie never heard here and right now the sounds he is hearing we can only dream of.

RIP Willie