Jambands.ca

Stuffed Tomatoes

slavetothegroove

I've recently discovered how easy and yummy it is to make stuffed tomatoes. Just wondering if anyone has any favorite recipes as there are so many out there. Vegetarian or meaty doesn't matter to me. I made a beef, corn, peppers and herbe de provence mix last night and I found it fun, super easy and yummy. Served it with rice and toasted parmesan pita bread. Yummy..yummy.

Suggestions anyone?

I bet goat cheese, garlic and portobello mushrooms would be good.

I used to make smoked oysters, mushrooms, garlic, Parmesan and bread crumbs stuffed in peppers and that was pretty food.

I have been working on making curried cabbage roti, and curried veggies would probably good too.

I would love to have something like this with a mushroom risotto...spicy with ginger.

(I'm hungry, can you tell)

tomatoes are a super fruit. they seem to be involved in almost every possible cuisine and used in so many different ways. They are the magic foundation of so many sauces and toppings for so many salads. gutting them and then stuffing them is definitely alot of fun because you can do almost anything that way.

Try a nice Italian sausage. open it up and fry it with some onion and garlic and whatever else you personally like.

When it cools slightly, add some breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, salt, pepper and an egg.

Stuff that tomatoe and roast it in the oven till it's nice and brown on top.

I use the same method for stuffed peppers but mmm, I might do that in a tomato myself this week!