Jambands.ca

Ex-Ramone in Peterborough saturday *(interviews added)

Red dog

This saturday, Tommy Ramone (from the original punk rock band The Ramones!) will be bringing his alt-country,old timey dou Uncle Monk to the Under dog (below the red dog tavern), in Peterborough. The capacity down there is 95 so it is reccomended if you are going grab tickets at Clancys pub. April 26th, $10, starts at 10pm with local Tarantula.

Check out unlce monk tunes at: Uncle Monk

Country was the original Punk!

Also of note coming up is: Tom Fun Orchestra with the swiftys, Julie Doiron (next monday), Sun Parlour Players, check SOON forum for dates.

Edited by Guest

A real Ramone doing country... cooool! For the uninitiated (and The Ramones timeline can be confusing), Tommy was the original Ramones drummer from 1974-78 and then again in 1984. He quit drums to manage the band and produce. He was replaced by Marky Ramone (who is the only other legit surviving member). Sounds like a great night.

He quit drums to manage the band and produce. He was replaced by Marky Ramone (who is the only other legit surviving member). Sounds like a great night.

Speaking of Marky anybody given the new Teenage Head album a listen yet. I didn't realize that they were redoing a bunch of the oldies for it I thought it was going to be a completely new disc.

Peterborough Tommy Ramone interview

I am sure being misqouted has been discussed here in the past but, I got a call the other day and said yes I had heard of Tommy Ramone and the Ramones of course, but for some reason in print things seem so different. They make it seem like I KNOW the guy. Any way, there was a few things here even I didn't know.

He quit drums to manage the band and produce. He was replaced by Marky Ramone (who is the only other legit surviving member). Sounds like a great night.

Speaking of Marky anybody given the new Teenage Head album a listen yet. I didn't realize that they were redoing a bunch of the oldies for it I thought it was going to be a completely new disc.

there's a NEW teenage head album!?! and what does marky ramone have to do with it?

i found the answer to my question at www.teenagehead.ca . I had no idea they were playing gigs again. I haven't seen them in over 20 years. AT least I was out of town when they played in Ottawa earlier this month.

(a few years ago i was listening to the CBC at work and they started talking about teenage head. I decided to see if they had a website. not thinking about their name I typed in www.teenagehead.com. that was not a good idea at work!)