Jambands.ca

ribs

bouche

That looks really good.

bouche- how much was the Webber, if it's not too rude to ask?

I wouldn't mind getting a charcoal grill this summer. I've been using my gas grill and making it a smoker-following the advice on "Licence to Grill".

Using charcoal just seems more authentic and more satisfying. I really enjoy all the ritual involved in cooking so one more step of lighting the charcoal, waiting for it to get to the right temp sounds like fun.

you're so fucking rude. i can't believe you asked me how much a barbecue is!

a webber 22" SILVER (they have a gold line that is about $50 more) is about $136 at reno depot or home depot. Since you sound pretty serious about bbq, do not buy a knock off. a webber should carry you to retirement.

i'll tell you that I am LOVING it. Every aspect of the grill. Since patience comes with the joy of cooking, waiting for the coals to be ready gives you time to prep things. The only trick of course is having your plan and staging everything in order. If you're already good at that in the kitchen, then you'll have no problem with the wood grill. Once you get the hang of heat control, you're all set.

For instance last night, I noticed my hot fire going way down fast, so I just added a hand ful of lump coal and within 5 minutes it was back up to temp to finish off the giant shrimp and marinated meat sticks.

There's a couple bbq enthusiasts at work now too so we've been swapping tips. One guy swears by Kingsford real wood briquettes, but I've been using a wicked collection of Maple Leaf lump coal that I get at renot depot. At my bbq rate, the bag lasts me about 2 weeks. So obviously charcoal q'ing is a little more pricey fuel wise, but it is seriously worth every penny.

Edited by Guest