Jambands.ca

Ottawa Farmer's Market

AD

Ottawa Farmers' Market opens soon: The popular Ottawa Farmers' Market at Lansdowne Park is scheduled to re-open for its third season at 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Sunday. In addition to Sundays, the market will be open this year on Thursdays from 2 to 7 p.m.

Shoppers on the opening day will be treated to maple products, preserves, baked goods, fresh herbs, zesty spring and mesclun salad mixes, young radishes and cucumbers, potted ornamental plants, hanging baskets and mini salad gardens.

"We've built our membership on three principles," says Gerry Rochon, vice-president. "The product must be local, it must be fresh, and it must be the best quality possible.

"Our experience has demonstrated that there's a steady demand for what we have been able to supply and we do our best to maintain those standards."

They trialed a Saturday farmer's market last year..I believe it was over 4 saturdays...and now they've decided to it full time. They had some of the same vendors from the Landsdowne market. It's a bit smaller but it's around the corner from my house so I figure I'll keep going to it.