Jambands.ca

Provincial Leadership Debate Tonight

paisley

Out of the three of them I would take the greatest pleasure in beating Dalton about the head with a frozen fish. What a weiner that boy is. He couldn't respond with a single piece of original thought. If there wasn't an answer pertaining to the question at hand in his notes in front of him then he'd read one of them anyway; even if it had already been read seven times. I think he came of poorly. I think the polls will reflect that in the near future. The surprise to me was the NDP. I wasn't expecting that sort of composure.

I spent a lot of time reading the Green Party's web site tonight. I wanted to see what I thought of their policies. I haven't been able to find one I disagree with thus far. Check it out here if you're interested.

I actually only caught the last half hour

besides reversing privitization and improved availability to education, health care, and employment opportunities I don't really see the need for drastic radical change in Ontario... the Liberals blow a few bucks but they get some sweet paying jobs going on and like to help everyone become employable (ie. the 70s)

I liked Dalton, he seemed like he was saying it pretty straight up to me. Cretien isn't exactly the sweetest TV personality I've ever seen but that doesn't make me dislike his politics.

of the four party websites (PC, Liberal, NDP and Green) the NDP wins for appealing design and simple navigation to the well presented facts

get back with my fav in a few days when I've had time to review all the content

My roomate and I, who are at opposite ends of the political spectrum, both felt that Dalton was HORRIBLE. I could NOT let vote for that man to represtent me. He was godaweful. He looked nervous and fidgity and out of place. I thought Ernie did a good job (although I hate everything he stands for) and I thought Howie did an excellent job.

The only thing I thought Dalton did well was steal NDP catch phrases and platforms, doing a good job of making "students" a priority, and vieing for "renewable energy" (do you even know what that is Dalton?) etc. He made it really easy for NDPers to feel like they're not selling out by voting for him (which I disagree wholehartedly with). Fuck Dalton.

IMHO

It's frustrating that the candidates for the top job in Ontario are allowed to give such vague and off-the-mark answers to seemingly every question. Imagine yourself at a job interview giving those kind of answers. Do you think you'd get the job?

That said, I thought Ernie won it from a political point of view. He was the most assured and that was enough, with the actual dialogue being almost totally devoid of content. Hampton played a good devil's advocate but I didn't get the impression that he could actually implement his ideas.

Archived