Jambands.ca

Raptors 2008-09 Training Camp in Ottawa

Basher

TSN.ca Report

It appears Canada's only NBA franchise will be returning to the nation's capital.

According to a report in the Ottawa Sun, the Toronto Raptors are preparing to hold their 2008-09 training camp at Carleton University. Sources confirmed that the deal is pending finalization between the Raptors and the school.

Toronto has made a habit of rotating the team's training camp. Last season, the Raptors travelled to Europe and held camp in Italy and Spain. In the past, the Raptors have visited other Ontario locations in St. Catharines and Waterloo.

FYI, the Raptors always do a charity instrasquad game on the last day of camp. Stoned Phillips and I went two seasons ago in Waterloo and it was a blast. You Ottawa BBall fans should definitely check it out. In fact, courtside seats for that game were something like $30.

In related news Joey Graham is the star of the summer league team for the Raptors... this is not a joke.

I think Joel Bosh is the star. Graham is washed up. Then again they don't play a game untul July 12 so I have no idea what to think ;)