Jambands.ca

Hotel help

jon.

Hey all,

I believe the deets are still being worked out, but Dr. Huxtable (full band) will be playing at C'est What in T.O in December.

I am looking to bring my Wife and child to T.O (Make a weekend out of it) and wondered if any of you could help me find a hotel near the bar (pref walking distance). Preferably one with a budget that won't break the bank, but also a place where I would feel comfortable bringing my wife and six month old.

Thanks in advance (way in advance actually - I am looking to get some advance notice type deal).

Phred

I believe C'est What is right off of the Esplanade near Yonge and Front.

That being said, the two hotels that are closest to there would be the Novotel right on the Esplanade- the other is the Comfort Inn on Sherbourne which can be had for about $80 (at Queen St. I think). The Novotel (at around $100-$150) would be more pricey, but it is directly around the corner from the club, and with kids in tow The Spaghetti Factory is directly across the street and is a kid friendly great place for dinner. The Hockey Hall of Fame is right there too! And easy access to the ferry to Toronto Island.....

I hope this info is the same as when I lived there two years ago.......

Sean

Check out these links... you have to have a MasterCard, but its hella cheap and hella worth it...

its priceline.com

you go in and bid on what you'd pay (in US) for a hotel.

This next link gives you all the bids that have worked and instructions on how to do it from Canada

http://pub210.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm211

I recenly stayed at the Marriott Eaton Centre, it said $450/night on the back of the door, I think I could have called direct and got it for $200 or so. I bid $35 US and got it for 3 nights. Worked out to $156 Canadian for 3 nights in a pimpin hotel. But watch out for the incidentals, my morning coffees and internet time cost me another $150. But I was there for job interviews and the internet was really spendy and really necessary.

Parking was $16/day I think.

It really is a great deal.

Peace

Hey Phred, that's AMAZING news! Can't wait to see the full Hux experience in Toronto. You'll love C'est What, it's a great venue - sort of a similar vibe to Dekcuf actually, except downstairs instead of up. [Wink]

A less expensive hotel option that comes to mind is the Bond Place http://www.bondplacehoteltoronto.com/ - it's up at Dundas which makes it about a km or so from C'est What, but it's one of the cheapest "nice" downtown hotels. It's also quite close to the Eatons Centre and such, and it's not far from where Sharon and co. usually stay.

Hope this all comes together man! [big Grin]

Peace,

Mr. M.

Archived