Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mention of the group hug and shenanigans after the game? I have to admit that was pretty fucking cool.

its been pretty common after a lot of games this year. though last night there was more then usual.

think it was gorges who threw a little check at Price right at the final whistle..

thought that was funny..

good team morale it seems.

Edited by Guest

It’s not often an injured player can have such an impact on the outcome of games he isn’t playing in. It’s not often a young player gets the opportunity to stand behind the bench—in fact I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a player as young as Komisarek asked to join the coaches for a game, let alone three. And though his presence behind the bench isn’t the catalyst to this team playing it’s best hockey of the season, it’s more apparent than ever what he means to this franchise.

The last time we saw something like this, Denis Savard was helping Jacques Demers bring the Stanley Cup home, and that was in the twilight of his career.

When an organization reaches out and shows as much respect as the Canadiens have to Mike Komisarek, is there anyone out there who doubts he’ll be a part of this team for years to come?

Any player who reaches unrestricted free agency would be tempted to gauge the market for their services, and you can be guaranteed their agent will strongly encourage them to do so. In cases where it doesn’t happen, the player has made it clear to his agent that he wants to stay put. In cases where the market could generate a much higher-value contract from a desperate team, the onus becomes negotiating a long-term deal.

I can’t promise you Mike Komisarek won’t gauge the market, but if he is intent on staying with the Canadiens, he’ll likely want to sign a long-term deal. And if he does stay with the Canadiens, it’ll be for the lower end of his market value—meaning around the 5 million dollar range. And though I can’t promise it, I can’t see things playing out any other way. If Mike Komisarek didn’t know how deeply the Canadiens were committed to him before (because he hasn’t yet received an offer from Bob Gainey) he knows now!

And you can bet that when Saku Koivu is ready to pass the torch, Mike Komisarek will be there to hold it higher.

Guest Low Roller

University firewall prevents me from looking at tats. I believe that falls under the "Cruel and unusual punishment" provision of the Criminal Code of Canada.

Guest Low Roller

Oh yeah, and congrats to Koivu for becoming the 11th highest scorer in Habs history AND the highest scoring European in team history!

That's quite the history!

article_13714_2.jpg

PlayerPosGPGAPtsP/G

1.Guy LafleurRW96151872812461.30

2.Jean BeliveauC112550771212191.08

3.Henri RichardC12563586881046.83

4.Maurice RichardRW978544421965.99

5.Larry RobinsonD1202197686883.73

6.Yvan CournoyerRW968428435863.89

7.Jacques LemaireC853366469835.98

8.Steve ShuttLW871408368776.89

9.Bernie GeoffrionRW766371388759.99

10.Elmer LachC664215408623.94

11.Saku KoivuC753182431613.81

12.Mats NaslundLW617243369612.99

Guest Low Roller

Fun stories from today's open practice at the Bell Centre translated from RDS:

Price let in some weak goals during a scrimmage, so his bench joked around that he should be pulled. The most obvious choice to replace Price? Well Josh Gorges of course. So Price was yanked and put at D while Gorges assumingly put on Price's sweaty gear, and away they went.

Embarrassed about being pulled during a scrimmage, Price decided to win his team back by trying to drop the gloves with George Laraque. George wisely wanted none of it and ran away like Avery from Clarkson.

Meanwhile Gorges stayed in nets long enough to make an incredible (lucky) glove save on a Koivu breakaway.

Price's thoughts on Gorges overall performance? "He was horrible."