Jambands.ca

Hey Gang...

Blane

Just thought I'd check in and say hello.

Finally settling into UK living here, and just found a semi-permanent living situation, so things are looking good. Sweet apartment in a nice hood, sharing with a guy who's into catching shows, listening to tunes, etc.

Work habits around my office are way different than I'm used to. No damn time-wasting! Literally 9-5 full-bore work. Sending my apathetic grad-student ass into a state of shock. Needless to say my Jambands time and assorted other web fun has therefore needed to be severely curtailed, but I'll try to stick my head in from time to time to see what you folks are up to. If you're ever in the Brighton/London area feel free to drop in for a visit!

i don't think i knew you were re-locating. what's all this?

enjoy the freezing gray english climate ;)

Shit, really? Yeah, I took job over here at teh University of Sussex, and started this Monday. And in Brighton's defence, it hasn't rained once since I got here! Several nice sunny days walking around in a t-shirt actually. Of course everyone assures me it'll be short lived, but I'm enjoying it while I can!

Anyway, I'm here pretty long term but will be back in April and May for school shit so long as my PhD progresses as it's supposed to (for which I desperately need to get my ass in gear). If I can I'll try to pop down and hang out with the Ottawa crew for a bit then, otherwise maybe you can stop in on one of your many global odesseys.

I'll be in Africa frequently for this new job so keep me posted on your plans there and if we can swing it I'll try to connect. Right now the plan is for a first trip down sometime after October, but I bet there's some flexibility.

Hickster, I work here as a researcher in the climate change and disasters group. Looking like a really good gig professionally, but really challenging. My formal title for my current project work is Knowledge Sharing Officer, and I'm more than happy to spread the knowledge I have of the Leafs ineptitude and the Leaf fans' sheepish behaviour to any and all that will listen!

Heather, i'll note those dates. Generally I can probably set my own travel route for my trip, but it'll be to Kenya, Senegal and Ghana. Otherwise, maybe I can pop down to paris if my life becomes any less hectic over the next month and a bit. Will be in touch!

Edited by Guest