Jambands.ca

Fleet Foxes - Highly Recommended

Hartamophone

I saw Fleet Foxes in Victoria last night and it was a stellar show. They're a five-piece out of Seattle signed to Sub Pop, and I guess they could best be described as folk-pop with a slight dose of country. They had the best vocals of any band I've seen in a long time: absolutely soaring harmonies that smacked of Pet Sounds-era Beach Boys and were additional instruments, as opposed to an after-thought. That said, their instrumentation had the thunder of the Sadies or Spector's wall of sound from time-to-time and was great in and of itself. All-in-all a fantastic show from a band that has been getting some much-deserved attention of late.

MySpace Link

(I've been humming "White Winter Hymnal" all day).

been into these guys for a while now... one of the most incredible bands – in this guy's eyes at least.

if you dig them, check out j. tillman – the drummer in ff. he's been releasing solo stuff in the uk for a couple of years (a little nick drake-ish) and his next album (out in jan) is less nick drake and more fleet foxes (but different) you can dl a track from his site - jtillmanmusic.com.

if you dig them, check out j. tillman – the drummer in ff. he's been releasing solo stuff in the uk for a couple of years (a little nick drake-ish) and his next album (out in jan) is less nick drake and more fleet foxes (but different) you can dl a track from his site - jtillmanmusic.com.

Yeah, he actually opened up the show. It wasn't really an environment conducive to that type of artist, though, so I couldn't really get into him. I'm looking forward to checking his stuff out online.