Jambands.ca

Chantix...are you fugging kidding me???

can-o-phish

The latest drug "Chantix" designed to help smokers quit and if you haven't seen the add, don't even think about trying this one out...the ramble of "if you experience..." even states that if suicidal thoughts or extreme depression occur, stop taking the pill and see your doctor...that's just one of the many possible lovely side-effects...

ARE YOU FUGGING KIDDING ME??? How does this get on the shelves???...well, we all know the answer to that...the pharmaceutical companies have deep pockets that politicians have their hands dug in...

SUICIDAL THOUGHTS?!?! Holy crap I'm glad I don't smoke... :crazy:

It's actually Champix.

CHAMPIX (varenicline tartrate) is one treatment option available to help quit smoking. Pfizer Canada in consultation

with Health Canada is advising consumers of important safety information regarding CHAMPIX®. Since the

introduction of CHAMPIX in Canada, in April 2007 through April 30, 2008, a total of 226 Canadian cases of

neuropsychiatric adverse events have been reported. For the same time period, there have been 708 534

prescriptions filled for CHAMPIX in Canada.1

It's actually Champix.

CHAMPIX (varenicline tartrate) is one treatment option available to help quit smoking. Pfizer Canada in consultation

with Health Canada is advising consumers of important safety information regarding CHAMPIX®. Since the

introduction of CHAMPIX in Canada, in April 2007 through April 30, 2008, a total of 226 Canadian cases of

neuropsychiatric adverse events have been reported. For the same time period, there have been 708 534

prescriptions filled for CHAMPIX in Canada.1

No, this is definitely "Chantix"...maybe some new, twisted cousin of Champix...but still crazy that the big p-companies can get away with releasing their toxins on the masses...

Chantix

Though the "vivid, unusual, or strange dreams" side-effect sounds cool...

;)

Edited by Guest

Same side effects with watching a baseball game.

HA! Nice one' date=' though does watching a baseball game help one quite smoking or cause suicidal thoughts?

[/quote']

If you go t the Skydome these days they try to help you quit smoking by not letting you smoke anywhere, or even let you leave for a smoke and come back. Then they cause suicidal thoughts by forcing Nicorette adds down your throat the entire game.