Jambands.ca

frontier town meeting

PalacePrincess

petite mademoiselle rose...

apparently we're high rolling it this oktoberfest. my dad has some special all access pass for 6 people, that can get us into a bunch of places. so missy and i are going to tear up oktoberfest like never before.

i'm not sure yet exactly which clubs we're going to though... all i know is i plan to be too inebriated to even care. heehee

polka and sausage here i come!!!!!

why, are *YOU* actually thinking of coming out this year?! awesome if so! i'm right now in the process of finding out if we can sneak a 7th in with this pass (christine), but i can let you know for sure where we'll be... well, when i find out where we're going, LOL.

suprised you hadn't heard yet Willy

PJC tomorrow:

quote:

GRAND THEFT BUS, HARRISON KENNEDY, JACKIE WASHINGTON, JAMIE OAKES, TIM GIBBONS (opening at 8:30)

if you can afford it these are some real heavyweights playin

Tim Gibbons was is the Trouble Boys and Teenage Head for a while but his solo stuff blows all that away... one of the best songwriters and most entertaining performers I've ever seen, he has a song in the movie Slingblade

Jamie Oakes is an unbelievable guitar player and a super performer

Jackie Washington (Brian Griffith's uncle who taught and inspired him) is world reknowned as an authentic blues master, I believe he is in his 80s now

Harrison has one of the sweetest voices you'll ever hear and is a totally unbelievable stage presence

and THEN!!! Grand Theft Bus is based in Southern New Brunswick,Canada. It is an equal partnership between its four members.

This band loves making music. Having played over 300 shows since they began in late 2000; their ever-evolving sound has helped them attract a large and loyal fanbase across Canada.

Although known for their sprawling exploratory live performances, the group’s first studio effort ‘Birth of Confusion’ was extremely well received by both critics and fans alike, and serves well as an introductory probe into their vast repertoire of original material.

Grand Theft Bus create music on their own terms. They develop their songs with unlimited creative freedom and with utmost respect for the listener.

$10 for the whole show starting at 8:30, $5 for just GTB around 11:00

damn!!

if you pick up a Hamilton Music Scene pass tonight (or tomorrow) for $10 there are over 40 different acts playing in 15 bars around town over the weekend, tomorrows show is included

where else? ask yourself, who can give'r harder than anyone? why, the people who live in giveropolis of course, kitchener-waterloo!

oktoberfest started today at noon with the tapping of the keg at city hall, and runs right until the end of next weekend. there are big giant parties at clubs all over town, all week, in fact, we actually shut down our downtown streets and put up huge beer tents for people to drink and party in all week.

basically a huge, week long, city-wide party involving lots and lots of beer, good food, polka, leiderhosen (sp), dirndels, and things german. we give'r round these parts.

Archived