Jambands.ca

Marco Benevento Trio 2009-05-06 available for download

bradm

Nice thanks brad! Brad barr was in the opener tonight at the plants and animals show! Invited me backstage and played about 2 minutes of a recently recorded Surprise Me Mr. Davis track. Sounded great! Said the album will be out around September and that they will be putting it up for streaming on a webpage sometime in June.

Haha I am little 5'9. I was just watching the show by the bar and he came up to buy a beer. Told him I am a slip fan and asked about them and surprise me mr. davis. He then told me about Surprise Me Mr. Davis and asked me if I wanted to listen to some recently recorded stuff.

Back to the subject at hand ;) , Benevento has a friend travelling with him that does computer-driven psychedelic visuals projected on a screen during the show (which at Divan Orange was on the left wall, about 6' from the left edge of the stage). He set up at the back left corner of the stage (as you face it), and when Brad sat in, he was at the front left corner of the stage, which actually put him in the field of the projector, so that a lot of the time, the left third or quarter of the screen had a shadowy outline of Brad as he was playing.

The visuals guy also has a camera hooked into the system, and when Brad was playing, he took a live feed of Brad playing guitar, ran it through some Macintosh psychedelic video wizardry, and put that in the right third or quarter of the screen.

So as you watched Brad playing, you also saw a shadow of him playing on one part of the screen, and a real-time video-processed image of him playing, taken from a different perspective, on another part of the screen. With any luck, some video of it will surface.

Aloha,

Brad

So as you watched Brad playing, you also saw a shadow of him playing on one part of the screen, and a real-time video-processed image of him playing, taken from a different perspective, on another part of the screen. With any luck, some video of it will surface.

Aloha,

Brad

that's craxy! I imagine he also has a video recording of it as well. THat'd be great on youtube.

i took some awesome video of that exact shot, i got all of mephisto and a good chunk of the real morning party

i am still in montreal but i will upload the videos by sunday

i got to chat with brad and andrew theyre really nice guys, i also chatted with marco a fair bit, also very very nice

the videos will be on youtube and my blog http://backin15mins.blogspot.com A discussion of all things music, my recent interview with Marco will also be up by the end of next week so stay tuned