Jambands.ca

anarchy in the PQ

PalacePrincess

so, last night i come home and flick on the tv just in time to catch a bit on the news about this huge crazy riot going on in montreal. i guess some punk show was cancelled (some members in the band couldn't get over the border i guess) and the irate concert-goers decided to wreak a little havoc on the streets of montreal. they were looting stores, smashing windows (among other things), starting fires, the footage i saw had about 6 flaming cars upside down, pushed into the middle of the street, and just a lot of general mayhem going on. the one part of the broadcast i missed was the name of the band. does anyone know who it was?

MONTREAL - More than 100 police officers were needed to break up a riot in downtown Montreal after a punk rock concert was cancelled on Tuesday night.

-

Montreal

Three officers and two security guards were injured, seven were arrested, and 42 cars damaged as angry fans rampaged through the streets.

Fire trucks were called out after several cars were overturned and set on fire. Fans smashed store windows and started looting.

The riot broke out at about 8 p.m. at the doors of the Medley Bar when fans were told the concert was cancelled.

The concert was called off after Canada Customs refused to allow some members of the bands "Total Chaos" and "The Exploited" into the country.

About 1,000 people were waiting outside the bar for the concert.

Archived