Jambands.ca

The Weber Brothers

jaybone

They've been members of THe Hawks and living in Peterborough for at least 7 years now, since I moved there in 2002. Used to run a good open mic night at the Red Dog.. Not sure how often they actually GET to play as The Hawks though! ANyhoo, great musicians, hope I get to see 'em again sometime.

I went to see Romi Mayes at a small bar here in Oakville last night. Her back up band was The Weber Brothers. They were amazing (Romi was pretty good as well).

They are from Maryland but seem to be making Peterborough home these days. They also back up Ronny Hawkins.

Check'em out if they are coming through your town.

The Weber Brothers

Weber Bros myspace

I went to see Romi Mayes at a small bar here in Oakville last night. Her back up band was The Weber Brothers. They were amazing (Romi was pretty good as well).

Crap - that would have been a great show to catch!

Just checked Romi's site and looks like I won't have the opportunity. :(

Caught both Romi and the Weber Brothers here in KW at the Boathouse - separate occasions - though both were great.

Romi was here as a duet quite some time ago, she was pretty good and I did have the opportunity to have her album in my possession for a breif period. (it wasn't mine - just got to listen to it for a while)

Ended up at the Weber Brothers another night more recently and was blown away....had never heard of them and didn't know until after the Ronnie Hawkins connection, which was quite interesting for me personally. They are a pretty talented bunch.

(these are two examples of great music I basically happened upon here in Kitchener/Waterloo and is the main reason why I love this town and the boathouse)

Anyway long story short I agree check them out if you haven't heard them.

Love the Webers being from Peterborough I have seen them for the last 8 yeaRS grow into the musical powerhouses they are!! they can do it all from Indian Music, to blues jazz and rock and funk!! bluegrass to country, I love those boys and they are prolly the most down to earth lads I have ever shared a drink with 2!

Yeah The Weber Bros are a great band, good guys to hang out with too. We've played a few shows with them and its always a good time.

They apparently loved the Last Waltz so much, they sent a clip of themselves rehearsing in Maryland to Ronnie Hawkins, and he invited them all up for a jam. They never left.