Jambands.ca

Free agency FRENZY~!

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Islanders sign Martin Biron for a year. That gives them three goalies in Rick Dipietro, Dwayne Roloson, and Biron.

I wonder how Roloson feels about this? Can't really be seen as a vote of confidence from head office if they felt they had to get another goalie.

Guest Low Roller

Yup. Dipietro won't start skating until August, so it will be well into the season before he is ready to go. Still, once he does come back someone will be expendable.

If anything Roller, Garth Snow has made a great move here. He's now got 2 decent goalies compared to last year when Dipietro went down. Should Dipietro come back 100% healthy he has a pretty damn good commodity to trade. I am sure the rest of the Rich Stadium skancs would agree with me based on the fantasy pool last season. ;)

You make it sound so negative by using the word "expendable", especially when you read your first post regarding this signing.

Guest Low Roller

Pretty boring right now.

Interesting tidbit: The Ottawa Sun is reporting that the best offer that Tanguay has received so far was for $1.2M. That's an 80% paycut from his $5.875M he made last year... Given source you need to take this rumour with a grain of salt, however if true then that's a pretty drastic decrease.

The Sun talks about 'second tier' free agents (Tanguay, Sykora, Fernandez, Shananhan, etc...) and that teams generally no longer have the cap space to pay them the big money they think they deserve. Some player agents were quoted saying that the league is trying to pressure them into taking smaller contracts, but whether that's true or not is debatable.

• 3 weeks later...

"The two sides have reportedly been in negotiation since July, but it was not until two weeks ago when Tanguay was contacted by Lightning stars Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis that he decided to join the Bolts."

I'm glad Tanguay waited until he spoke with Vinnie and Martie before he accepted the 2.5 million dollars no one else was offering him.

"The two sides have reportedly been in negotiation since July, but it was not until two weeks ago when Tanguay was contacted by Lightning stars Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis that he decided to join the Bolts."

I'm glad Tanguay waited until he spoke with Vinnie and Martie before he accepted the 2.5 million dollars no one else was offering him.

lol

Guest Low Roller
Franky Bouillion signs with the Rangers.

I guess that the source for this one was off, as Bouillon is still waiting for a team to offer him a contract. Apparently he has up to five teams interested in him, however they are waiting to see how some younger players do in training camp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...