Jambands.ca

Chretien To Attend Zeppelin Light Show

Basher

Canadian Prime Minister to Attend Zeppelin Light Show at Planetarium to Kick Off Marijuana Initiative

The Sweatshop News

-

SN - On the heels of the Canadian government's recent decision to decriminalize marijuana, and the Prime Minister's favorable comments towards the substance made to the Canadian Media ("Perhaps I will try it (pot) when it will no longer be criminal. I will have my money for my fine and a joint in the other hand."), Prime Minister Chretien has announced that he and his wife Aline have decided to attend the Led Zeppelin laser light show at their local Planetarium.

Chretien told The Sweatshop News, "I don't know what is this Marijuana do, but I know that my grandkids tell me that it is nice to smoking the Marijuana and then listen to the Led Zeppelin music with the lights." Chretien admits that his new decision has been a family affair. " Even little Phillipe Chretien, [age seven], said 'Grand-papa, don't forget to bringing the extra Pringles to the show. You may be getting the hungry.' "

Chretien held out the possibility that after leaving office, he and Aline would travel cross-country in a 1967 VW van with friends, "listening to the music and chilling-out".

Despite skepticism from south of the border, The Prime Minister is hoping that his marijuana initiative will help mend Canada's damaged relationship with the United States. "[Former American President] Clinton must have some rolling papers in his drawers somewhere. He was a very hippy in the 1960s… Frankly, I have not smoking before, but Aline and I think it is very nice to invite [National Security Advisor] Condoleeza Rice into the VW with us and we will close the windows up very tight. I think she would like the pot. She needs to lighten up a bit anyway."

Chretien refused to offer President Bush a space in his VW van saying that as far as he knows, Bush does not enjoy "da groovy music." When asked to comment on the Prime Minister's new initiative, White House Spokesman Scott McClellan said, "President Bush will be unable to join Mr. Chretien on his cross country tour. However, he will be sending the Prime Minister a going away present to wish him luck on his road trip, namely, a box of Twinkies. The President feels that the Twinkies symbolize Mr. Chretien's attributes as a statesman: flaky on the outside, and full of crap on the inside."

Archived